Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:56:28 AM EDT
I saw a stock setup for this rifle sell on ebay this week for $450.00 !!!!! Thats insane !!!! I was thinking of saying the hell with it and pulling the stock off mine, selling it one ebay, mine is mint. like it came out of a time capsule, so I should get at least $450. Then buy a hogue stock and put the rifle back together, sell the rifle for hopefully around $450 with the hogue stock, DAMN !!!! That would bring me half way to the money I need for a BAR 10 !!!
I dont know if this is sound thinking or if the numbers are correct, can anyone help me here ? I havent shot that rifle in over 10 yrs, Im not going to miss it !!!
Dump that and a couple others and AR 10 here I come !
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Approximately $193.50 if you factor inflation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Approximately $193.50 if you factor inflation.

Man...you are a cheerful giver.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
$87
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]

one MILLION dollars
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I saw a stock setup for this rifle sell on ebay this week for $450.00 !!!!! Thats insane !!!! I was thinking of saying the hell with it and pulling the stock off mine, selling it one ebay, mine is mint. like it came out of a time capsule, so I should get at least $450. Then buy a hogue stock and put the rifle back together, sell the rifle for hopefully around $450 with the hogue stock, DAMN !!!! That would bring me half way to the money I need for a BAR 10 !!!
I dont know if this is sound thinking or if the numbers are correct, can anyone help me here ? I havent shot that rifle in over 10 yrs, Im not going to miss it !!!
Dump that and a couple others and AR 10 here I come !

I'm in NY also. Obviously the pre-ban advantage is ours here.

You can get $500 for the folding stocks on ebay, it's fairly common to see em go for that. If you do put it up for auction, try to advertise the sale. Your outcome depends on how many people go to ebay that particular week looking for that particular stock.

Then instead of Hogue, I might go with a Butler Creek SS folder, and carry the rifle into a local gunshow. Two reasons for that choice of stock... first because it folds therefore it's "tactical assault", and second theres no reason to put a full stock on a preban rifle, capitalize on the preban aspect. Ask $600 or $650 or b/o, and see if anyone jumps. The SS finish is a bonus for that rifle. Likely you'll get at least $500. A couple "pre ban" magazines tossed in would'nt hurt either.

On the other hand, its a shame to seperate that stock from the rifle, even though it may not bring as much money when sold together. That said, your rifle isn't going to lose any value, and might gain more once you don't see the folders on ebay anymore.

Its funny, I'd rather buy 2 AKs for the same money, versus the Ruger, but seems the majority around here don't think that way. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to own a mini, I just don't feel they're worth the money.

From what I gather at local shows, alot of people have no idea whats going on. Some guy bought a AWB-compliant FrankenAR, having no clue what it was assembled with, for $1600 recently. Considering I can buy both a complete upper and lower with my choice of parts for right around $700, I'd have to say it's a seller's market here. Lots and lots of suckers.

Last show I was at, a dealer bought a number of plastic 10/22 mags, same ones CDNN sells for $9 each... a dealer paid $25 each from a guy walking the floor. The dealers don't even know wtf they're doing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude you would have to pay me to take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll trade ya a new caps lock key for it.  ;)
Summit Gun Broker has a stainless GB non-folder for $650... if I had to guess, you may be in the $700 ballpark.  Is this a GB with the flash hider and bayonet lug, or just an underfolder?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Just the stock alone is worth around $350-450  depending on condition. Stainless or blued doesn't affect the price too much. Condition is the main factor. Ebay is one of those places where you can get more than an item should really go for, and that is why I sell there. So, selling to an individual, you could get $350+ easy, on ebay, $450+ is a safe bet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
What is this BAN you are talking about??  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You'll probably remember it, come 2008
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I didnt think about maintaining the folder , it would be cool cause the serial numbers show it to be preban and then it could legally still have a folding stock ? Even an aftermarker one ? To ARDOC, hey, Im with you, I dont have any use for this rifle, I dont ever remeber shooting it, but , Id be a damn fool to sell it for peanuts, no ? Im telling you, I saw the same stock on mine, but not as good condition go for $450 just days ago on ebay.
If this gun is my way to get an AR-10, well then, Im lovin this gun !!!!
Looks like so far , the best way is to sell the stock, then put an aftermarket stock on it and sell it as a whole rifle !!!
If anyone has better ideas please let me know, and yes, yes and yes, I know the damn things arent the greatest rifles ever built.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll probably remember it, come 2008

No, they will be smarter the next time they try it - it won't be like last time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top