Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 10:23:09 AM EDT
I posted a thread last week after a less than perfect day at the range.
I was pretty much ready to get a new CCW after not being able to keep my groups as tight as I thought I should with a G22. Among other posters, 2IDdoc gave me a kick in ass and in his own words told me to 'man up' to the challenge. So, I spent the whole week reading about different ways to draw, different hand positions, aiming....all the basic fundamentals that after so many years of shooting should be common sense but generally get taken for granted. I spent time dry firing and studying how my trigger pull was affecting barrel movement....I basically gave it everything I had for the past week to figure out the Glock trigger and striker once and for all.

Well....I'll keep it.
Practiced a lot of drills today - did as well as I would have wanted to.
I shot around 2" groups of 5 shots at 10 yards at will.
There are still occasional fliers, but I get that with any gun. The big thing was that I could consistantly keep my groups in a reasonable area, as opposed to the patterning I was getting before.

This is a picture of 50 165gr....most of it in about a 2 1/2" group except for 6 stray shots...

I also removed the Hogue handall grip that I used to have on it. Got back to basics and it seems to have made a difference. It was a good day at the range............and then it even got better....at the gun shop.....but thats a different thread
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
nice shooting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Good shooting.  Shooting a pistol is not as easy as it looks on TV, it requires practice, this espeically true for the snappier 40S&W and 10mm Auto cartridges.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good shooting.  Shooting a pistol is not as easy as it looks on TV, it requires practice, this espeically true for the snappier 40S&W and 10mm Auto cartridges.

Not gonna hijack, but love it when I take a noob to the range to shoot pistol for the first time.  All of a sudden, those running. rolling, jumping shots just seem to go away in the minds of the noob.

Good shooting, wish I could find more range time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.

I picked up my first Glock 22 back in 1993, when I couldn't afford the $700+ SIG P229.
I fired it a little, got disappointed and put it away.
In 1999, I traded it in for a new Gen 3 model and put in a 3lb disconnect.  Ever since, it's been sweet.  So much so that it competes with both my P226 and P229.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
back to basics is the way to go.

i started to go down the gear queer road with my AR.  then I realized that I never really learned to shoot for shit with irons!

i busted out a copy of FM 3-22.9 and read it cover to cover.  Then I took off ALL MY TOYS and shot on naked irons for about 1k rounds.  got good enough with grouping that I felt comfortable with it, then i put SOME of the crap back on, but not a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top