Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:05:45 AM EDT
My friend KiLiChAiN is active duty army with the 10th Mountain

[08:15:00] KiLlChAiN: dood
[08:15:15] KiLlChAiN: my entire chain of command got purple hearts today
[08:15:47] KiLlChAiN: a mortar hit at their meeting and they all got minor shrapnel except the platton sgt... he got a chunk in the ass
[08:16:04] Enigma: LMAO
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

[08:15:47] KiLlChAiN: a mortar hit at their meeting and they all got minor shrapnel except the platton sgt... he got a chunk in the ass

I bet they all get Bronze Stars next
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I gotz no problem with that, as long as the more deserving Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Sailors get their awards.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quit whining.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With NO V for valor, too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats bad luck
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Two more and they get to come home.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you know John Kerry got 3 purple hearts?

It's not a well known fact, but it's the truth.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

hr

Pretty easy when you shoot rocks and a ricochet hits you in the leg...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Where's he located at?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the stopwatch out fellas, how long will it be before some whiny jarhead turns this thread into a Army bashing ordeal.

In fact, I'm surprises that wasn't the first response..good job so far guys and yes, being hit by a mortar deserves a purple heart. God Bless em and thank God they are good to go.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got the stopwatch out fellas, how long will it be before some whiny jarhead turns this thread into a Army bashing ordeal.

In fact, I'm surprises that wasn't the first response..good job so far guys and yes, being hit by a mortar deserves a purple heart. God Bless em and thank God they are good to go.

Looks like YOU suffer from Marine envy......

As for the incident, well, it IS kind of ironic, but hey, it's a war zone...

[and BTW, Lynch didn't deserve a Bronze Star]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Truth?  How about one that was self-inflicted.  Not on purpose but rather he didn't respect the frag range of his grenade.  He fragged HIMSELF in the buttocks.  What a moron.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Check post #2.
They get hit with a mortar and some bitch is already complaining.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was right, wasn't he?  
Look at post #2.
And nobody gives a shit what you think.  She's still hobbling around on crutches.  You?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't John Kerry a decorated war hero SEAL from Vietnam?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
As lnog as its serious enough to need a hospitalization a bandaid, whats the problem?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]
A hit by enemy action is a hit.  Self inflicted does not count.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty easy when your shoot rocks and a ricochet hits you in the leg... own people shoot at you too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's what I was referring to.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check post #2.
They get hit with a mortar and some bitch is already complaining.  

I imagine this is supposed to offend me???... get over yourself....in case you didn't read what the author of this thread wrote:

"[08:16:04] Enigma: LMAO"

keep your meatbeaters off the keyboard, Fool.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wasn't John Kerry a decorated war hero SEAL from Vietnam?

And Mr. Rogers was a MACVSOG sniper with tatoos under his sweater.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wasn't John Kerry Bob Kerrey (former NE gov & US Senator- member of 9-11 Commision) a decorated war hero SEAL from Vietnam?

And Mr. Rogers was a MACVSOG sniper with tatoos under his sweater.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

He was right, wasn't he?  
Look at post #2.
And nobody gives a shit what you think.  She's still hobbling around on crutches.  You?

I'm not on crutches, but I deal with my own diasabilities from my service. 40% disabled due to my service. Not a day goes by that I'm not in  pain.

But I didn't get a fucking Bronze Star for being asleep in the back of a HMMV while a Lt was too stupid to read a map and roll into an ambush.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was right, wasn't he?  
Look at post #2.

I'm not on crutches, but I deal with my own diasabilities from my service. 40% disabled due to my service. Not a day goes by that I'm not in  pain.

But I didn't get a fucking Bronze Star for being asleep in the back of a HMMV while a Lt was too stupid to read a map and roll into an ambush.

You sound bitter.  Seek help.  

You don't have a clue as to what she went through.
The fact that she's out there and not bitching and moaning says a lot.
You could learn a lot from her.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Hillary got one because her feelings were hurt
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
they got hit, they get a purple heart.  what's the problem?  the purple heart award does not differentiate between major and minor wounds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Jarheads - Aren't they really just sailors in MARPAT.  After all they are part of the Navy and just get cast off Army equipment.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
they got hit, they get a purple heart.  what's the problem?  the purple heart award does not differentiate between major and minor wounds.

no problem with the purple hearts.....my earlier post was in reference to the army handing out bronze stars for silly shit............I thought they were for "bravery above and beyond the call of duty"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was right, wasn't he?  
Look at post #2.

Whaaa.... It isn't her fault thatthe Army played games with her. She went through a lot, but she didn't deserve a Bronze Star. A Purple Heart, POW, sure, but a fucking Bronze Star? Hell no. Many people who have died in combat haven't recieved the Bronze Star, and she 'earns' one by being undertrained, and lead by an incompetent Lt? WHatever.

She couldn't teach me anything except how to squat to pee, which you probably have already mastered....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no problem with the purple hearts.....my earlier post was in reference to the army handing out bronze stars for silly shit............I thought they were for "bravery above and beyond the call of duty"

Well, not in the new army. You get them for being undertrained, and led by incompetent officers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was right, wasn't he?  
Look at post #2.

Whaaa.... It isn't her fault thatthe Army played games with her. She went through a lot, but she didn't deserve a Bronze Star. A Purple Heart, POW, sure, but a fucking Bronze Star? Hell no. Many people who have died in combat haven't recieved the Bronze Star, and she 'earns' one by being undertrained, and lead by an incompetent Lt? WHatever.

She couldn't teach me anything except how to squat to pee, which you probably have already mastered....

Yet, the first thing you do is reach for the tired (and rejected) tactic of trying to trash her.
If the Army gives here a Bronze Star for the unspeakable things she may have endured (and I would rather never find out), that's fine with me.

You want to go ahead and bash her LT?
Go ahead.  You were there, right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yet, the first thing you do is reach for the tired (and rejected) tactic of trying to trash her.
If the Army gives here a Bronze Star for the unspeakable things she may have endured (and I would rather never find out), that's fine with me.

I never trashed HER. She was doing something that many supposed men in this country didn't have the balls to do. But that doesn't change the fact that she didn't EARN the Bronze Star. She was given the award by a PC COC.

The whole incident has been hashed and rehased here, and many people who HAVE been there feel that she didn't deserve the award. I wasn't over there, but from my time in the service (not a 1 term Marine), and what I know about the awards tell me that she didn't deserve it. She admitted that she never fired a round. She admitted that she was sleeping when the ambush took place. From her own words, she didn't deserve the award.

Now, as far as the issue of what happened when she was a POW, no one knows for sure what happened. She doesn't recall everything, and my not want to recall much of it. And she deserves our respect for going through that. And they even have awards FOR THAT . She deserves every one of the applicable awards. But that still odesn't mean that she should have recieved a Bronze Star.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never trashed HER. She was doing something that many supposed men in this country didn't have the balls to do. But that doesn't change the fact that she didn't EARN the Bronze Star. She was given the award by a PC COC.

The whole incident has been hashed and rehased here, and many people who HAVE been there feel that she didn't deserve the award. I wasn't over there, but from my time in the service (not a 1 term Marine), and what I know about the awards tell me that she didn't deserve it. She admitted that she never fired a round. She admitted that she was sleeping when the ambush took place. From her own words, she didn't deserve the award.

Now, as far as the issue of what happened when she was a POW, no one knows for sure what happened. She doesn't recall everything, and my not want to recall much of it. And she deserves our respect for going through that. And they even have awards FOR THAT . She deserves every one of the applicable awards. But that still odesn't mean that she should have recieved a Bronze Star.

Just to clear up exactly what a BRONZE STAR is for:

The Bronze Star Medal was established by Executive Order 9419, 4 February 1944 (superseded by Executive Order 11046, 24 August 1962).
The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Army of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, in connection with military operations against an armed enemy; or while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

Awards may be made for acts of heroism, performed under circumstances described above, which are of lesser degree than required for the award of the Silver Star.

get it right, SJSample.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#35]
and just so there is no cunfusion.............

SILVER STAR (all branches):

For distinguished gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States or while serving with friendly forces against an opposing enemy force.

The Silver Star is the third highest military award designated soley for heroism in combat.   Established in 1918 as the Citation Star,  in 1932 it was redesignated as a medal with a retroactive provision that allowed servicemen as far back as the Spanish-American War (1898) to receive it for gallant actions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top