Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:30:17 AM EDT
I just bought a Brinkman Gourmet smoker and fired that baby up this morning with a nice plump  pork butt. Everything appears to be going well but it seams to be running a little hot, The temperature guage on the smoker only has Warm, Ideal, and Hot settings on it. All morning it has been sitting  at Ideal but no where in the directions does it say waht temperature Ideal is. I would like to drill a hole in the lid for another thermometer but would like to have the hole sealed do they make high temp grommets I could use. Also how long should it take my pork to get to 190 degrees.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just bought a Brinkman Gourmet smoker and fired that baby up this morning with a nice plump  pork butt. Everything appears to be going well but it seams to be running a little hot, The temperature guage on the smoker only has Warm, Ideal, and Hot settings on it. All morning it has been sitting  at Ideal but no where in the directions does it say waht temperature Ideal is. I would like to drill a hole in the lid for another thermometer but would like to have the hole sealed do they make high temp grommets I could use. Also how long should it take my pork to get to 190 degrees.

I drilled a hole in mine, no grommet needed.  The aftermarket thermometer was threaded with a nut, so there was ample sealing surface.  Or you could just replace the lame factory thermometer with a different one. You might take it out and measure the hole for it, so you don't have to drill.  I believe I have seen them in a few different sizes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top