Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 11:37:49 PM EDT
I know this isn't really gun related, but I know that there are quite a few of you who are in law enforcement. Can you help me? How do I find criminal background history on someone? I need to find it on a person in several states. Starting with Texas, Arizona, Idaho, and Washington. I have found several sites that claim to give you background histories but I dont know if they are reputable. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I didnt do it. I swear...  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
www.publicdata.com
I think that's the site...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess you could always have them attempt to buy a gun and see if they get denied on the NICS check.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
www.supreme.state.az.us
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess you could always have them attempt to buy a gun and see if they get denied on the NICS check.

That won't necessarily show them to be a bad character you'd want around you or your kids. All that will show is "approved" or "denied" or "pending".

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
ok, well thanks guys!! I will check those sites out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That won't necessarily show them to be a bad character you'd want around you or your kids. All that will show is "approved" or "denied" or "pending".

Well, would you want somebody "denied" or "pending" around your kids?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pending could mean a lot of things though.

A friend of mine got his 4473 put on hold because the FFL could not read his drivers liscence number right, and didnt realize it until a week later.

....that would be considered "pending" right - the time he waited until he got the go-ahead?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pending could mean a lot of things though.

A friend of mine got his 4473 put on hold because the FFL could not read his drivers liscence number right, and didnt realize it until a week later.

....that would be considered "pending" right - the time he waited until he got the go-ahead?

Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i have a good friend who cant pass NICS. reason; an EX took out a bullshit restraining order on him. he can be around my kids anytime.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Sigh.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, it could be for a tax conviction, nothing more.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top