Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:46:49 PM EDT
It's a Crosman model 2100  with a 200bb capacity and it also shoot pellets.  Before I toyed with it I was popping squirrels at 15-20 yards in the head.   It's amazingly accurate.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to load the bb's.  Actually they load through a hole that's hidden under the forearm.  Instead I unscrewed the whole gun and spring and crap flew everywhere.  I couldn't get it back together at all.  So many parts that had to be in exactly the right spot, as well as missing parts that I still haven't recovered..

Anyways, I just dropped $75 for a new one.  She only shoots it every once and a while.  It's exactly the same as the old one except the newer models have a front fiber optic sight.  I'm sure she'll notice.

So do I explain how I f'd up her granpa's old BB gun or just 'age' the new one a bit and tell her I replaced the front sight with a new 'high tech' one?

I also have a RWS 34 with the 4x scope.  It's a great gun, but there's nothing like shooting a classic pump bb gun.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
tell the truth.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
fix it you dumbass!!!!!!!!!   If you broke it you can put it together, please tell me you kept all the pieces?????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
fix it you dumbass!!!!!!!!!   If you broke it you can put it together, please tell me you kept all the pieces?????

Ok, I can strip every piece of my SKS,  mosin, K31, 10/22, glock 26, walther p99, but this damn BB gun must have been made by robots.  When I opened it 2 springs flew out, another plastic piece fell out and I have no clue where it went,  then her damn dog kicked one of the main screws into a leaf pile.  I gave up looking for it after 5 minutes.

I swear this is the most complex gun I've ever broke down.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Send both to Mckinney Jewlery and loan ,in McKinney Texas, and Tim will reasseble it with the scavanged parts from the new bbgun. Call him via information. He is a certified air rifle tech.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I broke down and got a new one.  It was $75 shipped.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#6]
You got a comfortable couch?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
No, I had a 2100 too. Amazingly accurate and very powerful. I took my apart to clean it too, that was the last of it. I dont think they're made to be stripped down.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tell the truth.

You'll look like a good guy in the end for taking your own initiative to replace it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell the truth.

You'll look like a good guy in the end for taking your own initiative to replace it.

and even more-so by not telling her.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Maybe not, he can't upload a new avatar
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I'd explain what happened, and ask the grandpa how he wants it fixed.  I'm assuming the one you "broke" didn't have much sentimental value?  (It sounds like it was a fairly recent type of bb gun?)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell the truth.

and even more-so by not telling her.

Yeah, until she figures it out, then you're in deep shit for being a liar.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Tell the truth without her having to ask you about it. If you take the iniative to tell her that you messed up, and that you are willing to do what ever it takes to make things right you will be much better off. Especially if she figures out that this is not the gun her grandfather her gave her but a replacement, and she quickly figures out that you went behind her back and was dishonest about it.

Plus you will feel better after telling her, it will clear your conscience.

James
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Tell the truth without her having to ask you about it. If you take the iniative to tell her that you messed up, and that you are willing to do what ever it takes to make things right you will be much better off. Especially if she figures out that this is not the gun her grandfather her gave her but a replacement, and she quickly figures out that you went behind her back and was dishonest about it.

Plus you will feel better after telling her, it will clear your conscience.

James

This is exactly right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top