Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:13:02 PM EDT
Turns out he is about 5'5", probably 8+ years older than her, and ugly as hell.

I dont normally post personal topics, but I felt like sharing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
doesn't it make you feel better that she downgraded from you?...........don't sweat it.......I'm sure you'll find better.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
How did seeing her with a new man make you feel?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
found out my ex got married
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
So does it make you feel better or worse because the guy is way worse looking than you?

Just wondering... from what I'm told my ex went for a ugly looser.... Kind of made me feel worse to think that I'm that bad but I dunno....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
so,  he's rich, eh?

don't worry, she'll spend his money and leave him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you point and laugh?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hey, I may be short and old but MAN does she give good head.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, at least she's moving on with her life. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you have.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How did seeing her with a new man make you feel?

About the same thing happened to me. I bump into them a couple months post breakup and I'm thinking: "damn, I am so much better looking than this dork". Then latter I realized that if I WAS so much better looking than him, my personality must really suck or dude has tons of money.

I sleep at night by reminding myself I'm relatively poor.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, at least she's moving on with her life. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you have.

And exactly how can you discern that from a two sentence post?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
She probably chose him because of his heavy duty "Power Tool".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
She probably chose him because of his heavy duty "Power Tool".

That is just wrong!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I found out that my ex married a pro hockey player and is living in a million + dollar home down by the beach.Whore....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#14]
The best revenge is living well...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:11:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That's it right there. Hell, it even works on women who just wanted to "be friends."
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Big + 1 to walking away, and almost feeling bad for them.  

Enjoy life!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:23:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Last time I saw my ex-fiance she had been married (8 months after I broke up with her) to a pot-head in a wheelchair. Really a dumb fuck.

Don't feel bad man, you didn't need her!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:29:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

How in the fuck did you figure that out from what he wrote? Oh thats right, you didnt....You dont know jack shit about his or er life and yet you come in here and basically bad mouth him cause he "saw" his ex... Moron
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's it right there. Hell, it even works on women who just wanted to "be friends."

+100
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yup...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I had the same thing happen to me about fifteen years ago.  My EX and some little dweeb came walking into a bar where I used to hang out.  I looked at the pair of them and said something like "well lookey here, my EX and some little PUNK ASSED BITCH".  The guy went running out of the bar and left my EX standing there.  At the time, I though it was because he thought that I was going to beat his ass to a pulp ( I am a rather large dude, and like most of us, was in a lot better shape fifteen years ago. ), but found out later that the guy was still "in the closet", and thought that I had just outed him.  Me and my EX both got a big laugh out of that one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Women usually dont downgrade.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Unless they have no choice.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#24]
It doesn't matter, in the end, how your exes perceive you. It's difficult enough just trying to keep a current relationship afloat.

Whenever I find myself getting whimsical....that "might what have been" feeling, I remember the fact that there's a reason why they're exes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Wonder how he likes getting all that used pie?  Unless, he getting past the used part.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How in the fuck did you figure that out from what he wrote? Oh thats right, you didnt....You dont know jack shit about his or er life and yet you come in here and basically bad mouth him cause he "saw" his ex... Moron

Because he is still keeping track of her and felt the need to post it here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sure they do.  Especially the ones with low self-esteem / self worth.  

jmindler - its her loss dude.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#28]
1.Walk up to him
2. Extend your hand for a hand shake.
3, Shake his hand.
4. Smile  and say "Hi, I was (insert ex's name here) exboyfriend,  How did I taste?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So your saying that the guy shouldn't feel anything for the person he asked to marry him regardless of how the relationship ended?  Get a grip man - most people aren't that emotionally detached, and if you are then I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I found out that my ex married a pro hockey player and is living in a million + dollar home down by the beach.Whore....

In CA that would be a trailer, right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Ugh, I know what you mean. Went out last night with a bunch of friends and found out my ex was taking her new 'friend'. While driving to the city, they got lost and bailed on the 4 car convoy we had. Seeing her smile and laughing bought alot of old good time memories. Didnt help when my asshole friend say to me, 'Damn they probably went home and he's hitting it doggy style'.

Had that image in my head all night. It was her favorite position.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

How does everyone know she's downgrading?

Maybe jmindler is 5'4, 10 years older than her, and uglier than him?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I had a similar experience about a year after I got divorced.  Saw my ex at a Christmas party with her new man.

She made the poor guy come over and shake my hand.  At least she was cordial.  Kinda akward for the new guy though.  I'm 6'3/240-50ish.  If her new man stood on his tiptoes, he might have been 5'8".

He must be hiding some serious firepower in his Xtra-small BVDs....cause I saw the car they left in and it was an old BMW 3 series.  I know it ain't money and it sure as hell wasn't his looks.

I thought it was rather amusing.

BC  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll go into more detail:

It's been 2 years, and since the breakup I've taken my life in a great new direction that I would never have gotten to explore if we had stayed together. I would have been, at this moment, a married, broke, unhappy man. I find myself in the opposite position and am not regretful that things ended the way they did. I have moved on and been in other relationships since then.

The reason I felt the need to post is that we have avoided each other at all costs for 2 whole years, but now she has her new man, she mysteriously showed up at my job the past 3 days in a row with him on her arm. There is always a pang of feeling when you see the woman you were going to marry with some other dude. However, it does not make me wishful for the past. The reasons we broke up were good ones, and she has revealed herself to be of a character that I do not find attractive.

The significance of the ugliness of her new beau is that I personally believe she has an ugly personality, and that plays a role in the mates she ends up with.

I only hope her choice in men isn't a reflection of my character or appearance, but then again, when we first got together, I was a freshman in college and she was a high school senior.

as Stephen King might say, "The world has moved on since then."

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Dude............you need to get out more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's been 2 years, and since the breakup I've taken my life in a great new direction that I would never have gotten to explore if we had stayed together. I would have been, at this moment, a married, broke, unhappy man. I find myself in the opposite position and am not regretful that things ended the way they did.

Sounds like you made the right choice or you're rationalizing. "Moving on" doesn't matter to me as I have found the resent and anger to be very good motivation. It carried me through my first two years of college busting my ass on books, staying fit, and developing my practical skills. My first firearm, an AR15, still bears her name and the dates we started and fell out.

Do what works best for you. Live well and make her regret everyday.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Say bye-bye to her in your head, have the mods put this thread in the trash, and  m o v e    o n.......
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
as Stephen King might say, "The world has moved on since then."

I love it when another Dark Tower fan joins the boards.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I met my ex's boyfriend,he asked me for advice on her depression/anxiety issues. I told him,if her starts to get personal with the name calling,to RUN,RUN,away from her as fast as you can.She just got married to yet another guy,what a sucker,she'll drive him nuts!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I used to take my finance...errrr fiancee to a nice secluded section in the woods to screw.
We broke up.
A few months later I had a new girlfriend and I took her to the same spot.

Guess who was there?
With her new boyfriend on a blanket.  

My girlfriend knew her, so I rolled up to them, rolled down the window and said "See you had the same idea we had".

Neither of them were too happy to see us.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I used to take my finance...errrr fiancee to a nice secluded section in the woods to screw.
We broke up.
A few months later I had a new girlfriend and I took her to the same spot.

Guess who was there?
With her new boyfriend on a blanket.  

My girlfriend knew her, so I rolled up to them, rolled down the window and said "See you had the same idea we had".

Neither of them were too happy to see us.  

I bet the girl you were with was like, "Honey, what are they doing here? Do you know her? You told me you scouted this place out yesterday and it was gonna be our special spot..."
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't have to worry about it up here in WA.  All my ex's live in Texas...

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I bet the girl you were with was like, "What are they doing here? Do you know them? You told me you scouted this place out yesterday and it was gonna be our special spot..."

Nawww, the (then) current girlfriend knew the ex fiancee, in fact one of her first questions to me was to ask if I was going to take her to my "special spot in the woods" since she had heard so much about it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And exactly how can you discern that from a two sentence post?

What, you couldn't?

Not only I read that too but it is as clear as day that his dog has fleas, faucet in the bathroom is leaking, has bad cheese in his refrigerator and he has jock itch.

Dude, you NEED to start seeing the forest through the trees ya know...

jmindler, Now as far as YOU are concerned... kind of a strange feeling to see the ex when you least expect it huh?... thats why the CLOSEST ex I have is like 400 miles away.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That exact same thing has happened to me more than I care to remember. Women love ugly little trolls.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
That exact same thing has happened to me more than I care to remember. Women love ugly little trolls.

Something attracts them to the troll.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#47]
When my ex- moved out, I never saw her again. All legal's were done through an intermediary. I did hear a few "rumors"in the year+ after; she got remarried while 7 months prego, then prego again. But that was all 10+ years ago, I doubt I would even recognize her if I saw her now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Saw my 1st wife with a guy. Thought stupid bastard. He married her. Within a year he got ba new job and left her behind. She is now on number 4

I've been on number 2 for 28 years
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he is still keeping track of her and felt the need to post it here.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! He ran into her, how is that keeping track of someone????
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Dang it AR Doc, I was trying to make him feel better....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top