Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
What the F&%$!!!!!  I just found out today they remaking Miami Vice with Jamie Fox andCollin Farrell.  What the hell!!!  They screwed up starsky & Hutch, now this!  It aint going to work man, it aint going to work....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't show up at the casting meeting, and decisions had to be made...................
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Michael Mann (Heat) created the show in the first place, and now he's directing the movie.  He can do as he pleases, as far as I'm concerned.  It was his show, and now it's his movie.  It's like being pissed at Stephen King for making a movie from Cujo.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What the F&%$!!!!!  I just found out today they remaking Miami Vice with Jamie Fox andCollin Farrell.  What the hell!!!  They screwed up starsky & Hutch, now this!  It aint going to work man, it aint going to work....

Starsky & Hutch was always a fuckin joke, Miami Vice, while reeking of 80s trends, was a fairly dark show, and if anyone was to remake it and have it NOT suck, id say Mann would be the man, ha.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Starsky & Hutch was always a fuckin joke, Miami Vice, while reeking of 80s trends, was a fairly dark show, and if anyone was to remake it and have it NOT suck, id say Mann would be the man, ha.

i hope your right, but these two actors are buttheads!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buttheads? Sure they're not "doo-doo heads"?

Just an odd way to put it if you're over 12 y.o.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is Tom Cruise, but Collateral was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You must be new! This has been discussed here a few times before.  Yes, it sucks IMO.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You must be new! This has been discussed here a few times before.  Yes, it sucks IMO.

i dont post or read too much here, too much testosterone.  reminds me of my old membership in socnetcenral.com. lots of humor though.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Michael Mann made the original series as well. It's his show. Michael Mann is great. Heat, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral. All good movies. He's one of my favorite writers/directors these days.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
this is sacreligious!   remaking miami vice is like rewriting the bible.  what's next, scarface II?

i wish hollyweird would go back to actually writing movies and devising original concepts instead of trying to remake every single show ever broadcast on any network.

i can't wait for "goodtimes, the movie"  , "that's my mamma--mamma's revenge"  "the a-team goes to the zoo".  whatever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
If you see the trailer, there are some prints of Michael Mann in a lot of scene. Like parking under the freeway, helicopter over sea of city lights, and night club scenes.

I won't be surprised that Michael Mann is working on this with his soul on it. This was his idea in 80s and this is his child. Of course this is also his cash cow

I'm not a big fan of either Colin or Foxx, but I was wrong about Tom Cruise in collateral, so I'll wait and see. Look at how the actors are acting, not at their extracurricular activity.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Michael Mann made the original series as well. It's his show. Michael Mann is great. Heat, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral. All good movies. He's one of my favorite writers/directors these days.

Hollywood is looking for some cheap thrills.  Most of the development of the story has already been done, so therefore these remake movies are a lot cheaper to produce, since many of the younger people weren't born or too young when to remember whe  these TV shows were in its heydays, why not?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]
It's gonna suck, I won't watch it.  They'll probably use nickle plated desert eagle .50 ae's for their side arms.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So is Tom Cruise, but Collateral was pretty good.

Yo homey, is that my briefcase?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's gonna suck, I won't watch it.  They'll probably use nickle plated desert eagle .50 ae's for their side arms.

Somebody always says this in every thread about the new Miami Vice movie.  It's directed by Michael Mann.  That should end all doubts about the quality of the gun stuff in the movie.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So you dont know shit, is that it?

Michael Mann is at the helm so STFU noob
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]
How can anyone take pompus jerk Collin Farrell seriously?  He's one of the worst actors to hit the big screen in years.  At least Jamie Foxx can act.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Well 2 assholes replace the 2 originals..
deja vu all over again..

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody always says this in every thread about the new Miami Vice movie.  It's directed by Michael Mann.  That should end all doubts about the quality of the gun stuff in the movie.

From what I have read the cast is going tru some intense firearms training.    From what I have read Sonnys weapon is a full tricked out SVI.  If you head over to Miami-vice.org.  The guy that runs the website is working on the film.  He posts all kinds of pics in the forum.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I feared the worst when I first of this as well, not a fan of either main actor.  But then I saw the teaser trailer (www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/)and it looks to be pure Micheal Mann goodness.  I'm really looking forward to it now...  Looks like some sweet hardware and action to me.

I always hated the original Tubbs, so I figure Foxx is an improvement anyway there.  Farrell or however you spell it looks to be a decent Crocket, has most of the image down anyway.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#21]
at least M. Mann is doing it, but it's still going to suck goat balls
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:10:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I have read the cast is going tru some intense firearms training.    From what I have read Sonnys weapon is a full tricked out SVI.  If you head over to Miami-vice.org.  The guy that runs the website is working on the film.  He posts all kinds of pics in the forum.  

I really need for Sonny's primary weapon to be a 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

I have complete trust in Michael Mann on this one.  

I cannot stand "Colon" Farrell, but I don't think that MM can make a bad movie.

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the Miami Vice movie.

Hell, they use a SIG death dealing black rifle in the movie, that alone gives it crediblity....  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I feared the worst when I first of this as well, not a fan of either main actor.  But then I saw the teaser trailer (www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/)and it looks to be pure Micheal Mann goodness.  I'm really looking forward to it now...  Looks like some sweet hardware and action to me.

I always hated the original Tubbs, so I figure Foxx is an improvement anyway there.  Farrell or however you spell it looks to be a decent Crocket, has most of the image down anyway.

Can't get the trailer to work....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I will trust in Mann.
He may like pastels too much, but other than that he is a good director.

I will check the movie out. I have a bigger problem with Fox than Farrel, but this is how Hollywood works. Cast the hot actors.

And Foxx was pretty good in Collateral.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#26]
can't wait for the movie, I loved "Vice"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just an odd way to put it if you're over 12 y.o.

If he's flashing a 2nd Bat. Scroll he can call them whatever the hell he wants.  Weiners, cheese eaters, poop heads....whatever the hell he wants.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#28]
The Sawyer guy from Lost would have made a better Crocket.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I was watching the first season of Lost the other day and thought that Josh Holloway ("Sawyer") would be an awesome Sonny.  He's got the look, the voice, the mannerisms.  I can't stand fucking Colon Feral.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Sawyer guy from Lost would have made a better Crocket.

Holy Crap!  I just posted the same thing like 5 minutes later and didn't even see yours.  Good call!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Can someone post a trailer that actually works?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm a big Miami Vice fan and saw the trailer, it didn't look to bad
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Collin Farrell sucks, big time. What's with this Human Eyebrow guy anyway..... why does he keep getting roles?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Michael Mann (Heat) created the show in the first place, and now he's directing the movie.  He can do as he pleases, as far as I'm concerned.  It was his show, and now it's his movie.  It's like being pissed at Stephen King for making a movie from Cujo.  

No, its like being pissed at Stephen King for remaing Cujo with a gay french poodle as the dog.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#37]
This pic alone is reason enough to avoid the movie.  CF looks retarded.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#38]
That trailer looks awesome.

I have faith in Michael Mann.........
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Just as long as there is a 10mm in it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#40]
The plot sounds pretty stupid too,
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Micheal Mann is returning to his roots. Trust me he will not screw this up. Also he is already 20 million over budget. More than likely this film will cost about 145 million when completed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I just hope it's not over-the-top-stupid....like....jumping an Enzo Ferrari off of a pier onto a cigarette boat so you can climb onto the ladder being dangled out of a helicopter to rescue your partner only to jump out of the helo in the nick of time, right before it crashes into a highly fragmentary and spectacularly explosive structure.

I hate that kind of shit.

BC
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Trailer that works

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
ANd Anthony Yerkovich is also working on the film. Seems that he would keep it true to the roots of the show....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#45]
if i'm not mistaken (and i don't think i am) sonny's original gun was an AMT hardballer
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Micheal Mann is returning to his roots. Trust me he will not screw this up. Also he is already 20 million over budget. More than likely this film will cost about 145 million when completed.

Oh no! Not another "Band of the Hand"!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#47]
This movie is going to ROCK!!!!

I read on a Miami Vice board that Michael Mann made Sonny and Tubbs take weapons training. They will be using SIG 552s and other SIG handguns.

Mann re shot a scene where a Chrysler is shot by a 50BMG. The scene was first done with high tech graphics. Mann did not think it looked real...so he brought the car to a FL Police department rifle range and had the car shot up with a real 50 BMG rifle.

Sounds like it will be the best movie of the summer to me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I bet it has a less than 6 week theater run, and it'll be on video by 8 wks. Should probably go straight to video.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This movie is going to ROCK!!!!

I read on a Miami Vice board that Michael Mann made Sonny and Tubbs take weapons training. They will be using SIG 552s and other SIG handguns.

Mann re shot a scene where a Chrysler is shot by a 50BMG. The scene was first done with high tech graphics. Mann did not think it looked real...so he brought the car to a FL Police department rifle range and had the car shot up with a real 50 BMG rifle.

Sounds like it will be the best movie of the summer to me.

While this should make for a good movie - it will also add urban myth to the anti-50cal haters...  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Fox and Farrel are both very talented actors and I have 100% confidence in Michael Mann.

I don't know of any actor out there who would be a better Tubbs than Jamie Fox, but I think Keifer Sutherland would have been a better choice for Sonny Crocket.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top