Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
Title pretty much sums it up.  Possible job opportunity to relocate to the area.....

Think TX is ready for me?

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you speak spanish?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do you speak spanish?

no habla.

mi nina will have to

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Frisco is a huge booming town. Pretty yuppie, nice area. North of dallas. Its not bad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you speak spanish?

no habla.

mi nina will have to

Woody

You are probably going to want to learn some to deal with the "locals"
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty nice area, rapidly growing.  Spanish not really needed in that area.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It is the next Plano, very suburbia.  Nice though, just not what you might expect Texas to be like (except of course the weather which you cannot escape).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in McKinney which is right next door to Frisco.  It's a nice city, mostly upper middle class homes, and just far enough away from Dallas that you are not in the city (but close enough that its not that far of a drive).  Plus, it's fairly new, so everything is nice and shiney still.  Frisco has a huge mall, a lot of resturants, and a new stadium.  All in all, you really can't go wrong anywhere in the area.  I moved out of the city to the McKinney/Frisco area and I love it out here.  Plus, plenty of ranges right around the corner.  Welcome to Tejas, the best dang state in the union!

By the way, what year 'Stang?  My friend Grayson had a 69 Mach 1 in highschool, it was a sweet ride.

Here is a pic of her sharing the driveway with my '02 GT

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a nice area, but it is suburbia.  It is all part of the urban sprawl that is the Dallas metroplex.  There are alot of shopping opportunities and everything around there.  If you like baseball, they just built a stadium for the Texas Rangers AA affiliate.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

By the way, what year 'Stang?  My friend Grayson had a 69 Mach 1 in highschool, it was a sweet ride.

Here is a pic of her sharing the driveway with my '02 GT

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pec5e0b5be2b33ce2d3d69e6ea318151e/fdb077d5.jpg

Good looking Stang!  Mine is a '70.  Hopefully she will be back on the road this summer (I'm dragging her kicking and screaming from 1970's technology into the 1990s)

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Named after the railroad that passed through a long time ago.  Its actually St. Louis San Francisco railroad, but nicknamed Frisco. Frisco railroad mergen with BN, and BN merged with ATSF, to form BNSF.  The BSF Madill Sub still runs through town.

Oh, and its a nice town thats in the middle of a population explosion.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Frisco is considered to be one of the "choice" areas to raise a family and generally "live the suburban/American dream."  It's one of the cleanest, safest, fastest-growing areas north of Dallas.

I live in McKinney, currently work in Frisco, and have family in Frisco.  It's a nice place, if you're looking for what I mentioned above.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Frisco is surounded by so many bedroom communities, and condo/appts. I live in Melissa 30miles east. You will ike it here, but if you can not stand HEAT, dont come to Texas. We just suffered thru our worst drought in 50 years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Booming urban sprawl with still real small town country living 15 miles down the road. If you go north on state hwy 289 you have Prosper, Celina, and Gunter. Prosper is growing at an alarming rate, former sleepy farming community turning into a commuter city overnight but still run by the good old boy system. Celina, a small town football power is growing but mainly in the rural areas for now. Gunter is still small town Texas. Growth is in the rural areas out of the city limits.  Not sure about Prosper but Celina and Gunter have excellent schools and all three have a general good place to be rating.

Hell Texas can stand just about anything..............come on down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top