Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 4:11:29 PM EDT
I just want to remind everybody that I am predicting the NORMALIZATION of kidnapping in the
US(like it is in mexico)due to the illegals(the criminals that enter this country ILLEGALLY)being
given free reign to cross the border, evade taxes, use fraudulent documents, drive without licenses
and insurance.  NORMALIZATION means it will become MUCH more commonplace, it has already
happened a couple of times in MY area of Houston.  Illegals are criminals, Close the damn border

Raid turns up 70 illegal immigrants in South LA house
JACOB ADELMAN
Associated Press
Mar. 03, 2006
www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/14010321.htm
LOS ANGELES - Federal officials on Friday raided a squalid house and found 70 illegal immigrants and four suspected smugglers, authorities said.
Federal agents and a sheriff's SWAT team entered the house about 6 a.m., setting off flash-bang grenades as a diversion because there was concern that some of the immigrants were being held hostage, said Frank Johnston, an assistant special agent in charge with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Nobody was hurt in the raid in the unincorporated Willowbrook area of Los Angeles County
Johnston said 70 people from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Mexico, including 15 to 20 women and children, were packed into the grimy one-story bungalow. Some slept 20 to a room, he said.
"It was squalor, absolute squalor," he said. "Bug infestations, trash on the floor."
A .357-caliber Magnum handgun also was found in the house.
The house had bars on the windows and a surveillance camera to monitor the outside, Johnston said.
Authorities were not immediately able to confirm whether any of the people were being held against their will.
However, Johnston said the immigrants likely were being held there until a family member could pay the smugglers' fee - typically $3,000 to $4,000 per person.
Agents have already found a few such smuggling operations in the region this year, said Darren Dowell, an ICE supervisor.
"It's rampant," he said. "It's a problem all through the Los Angeles basin."
Authorities were tipped two days ago when a woman called from Albuquerque, N.M., to say she had been held at the house and believed a relative was being held hostage there, Johnston said.
Authorities wouldn't say how long the woman was held or if she had escaped.
She was flown in Thursday and identified the house so immigration agents could obtain a search warrant, Johnston said.
After the raid, a line of downcast-looking men were herded into a Department of Homeland Security bus for transportation to a downtown processing facility. Some indicated they had been at the house for several months and others had arrived only a day earlier, authorities said.
Inside the residence, graffiti marred the walls and dirty clothes were thrown on the floors. There were two bathrooms but their bathtubs were filled with cardboard boxes.
Eight rooms, each about 6-by-9 feet, were where the immigrants slept.
The house may have been in operation for several months, Johnston said.
Neighbor Eddie Brim, 47, said he saw nothing out of the ordinary that would lead him to believe the house was being used to keep illegal immigrants.
"They were everyday people," Brim said. "We're all neighbors."
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Johnston said 70 people from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Mexico,
including 15 to 20 women and children, were packed into the grimy one-story bungalow.
Some slept 20 to a room, he said.

Some of them were MOST LIKELY headed for forced prostition, deport ALL illegals
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We must liberalize immigration so this does not happen again...

this is a violation of their civil rights!!!!!!!

Just had a "discussion" with a local columnist where he described those who did not want "illegals" as mean.  Looks like the really "mean" guys are a little more obvious than that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, wanting US laws enforced is much "meaner" than the illegals running the slave trade in the US
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They're only being kidnapped because Americans don't want to anymore.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Boo fucking hoo. I am sure they weren't brought over the border against their will.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Boo fucking hoo. I am sure they weren't brought over the border against their will.

Fuck them.

That is what paying customers WILL be doing to the women and chldren
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Johnston said 70 people from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Mexico,
including 15 to 20 women and children, were packed into the grimy one-story bungalow.
Some slept 20 to a room, he said.

Some of them were MOST LIKELY headed for forced prostition, deport ALL illegals

Left something off, deport all illegals EXECUTE the slavers
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just want to remind everybody that I am predicting the NORMALIZATION of kidnapping in the
US(like it is in mexico)due to the illegals(the criminals that enter this country ILLEGALLY)being
given free reign to cross the border, evade taxes, use fraudulent documents, drive without licenses
and insurance.  NORMALIZATION means it will become MUCH more commonplace, it has already
happened a couple of times in MY area of Houston.  Illegals are criminals, Close the damn border

I predict you are 100% right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top