Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:05:20 PM EDT
And she snorks. Its not gagging or puking its like a hiccup but its nose related. It sounds like a really loud snore. Its very fast and loud. SNORK SNORK SNORK!!!!  Her whole body is involved.

I know I need to get her to a vet, but what can I do NOW to releive her symptoms?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What breed of dog ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
edited..
i need more info...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
She is 6 months old, aprox 50 lbs, 26-28 inches at shoulder. Rott and shepherd mix. Very calm. Very smart. Totally submisive to Us, submissive to other dogs as well, and cats.

Didn't know alot of things you think a dog her age should know, like Ball and stairs. she plays ball with her paws. Like a cat, a large heavy fast cat!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping BEYOND hope that Arfcom has a resident Vet.

Just like the Doctors!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And she snorks. Its not gagging or puking its like a hiccup but its nose related. It sounds like a really loud snore. Its very fast and loud. SNORK SNORK SNORK!!!!  Her whole body is involved.

I know I need to get her to a vet, but what can I do NOW to releive her symptoms?

At least your dog doesn't have the dreaded anal-gland problem... Our beagle is in once a month to express them, yuck!

ETA: our dog snorts like that too, it is common... Some sound like they are weezing really bad when they get excited, but it will pass..
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE:

Got her to the Vet. My wife called and they wanted to see us RIGHT NOW.
So we went. The visit was free. After two Anti-biotic pills she was much better.
She is still taking them, but she is as good as new now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top