Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 6:18:10 AM EDT

-------------------------------------------------------
Turn in your firearms - no questions asked

www.dundasstarnews.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=brabant/Layout/Article&c=Article&cid=1141339819710&call_pageid=1069851996007&col=1073476868082
By Peggy Chapman
News Staff

(Mar 3, 2006)
Everyone in the community has the opportunity to surrender unwanted and unregistered firearms - with no questions asked. At a recent Hamilton Police Services Board meeting, Chief Brian Mullan announced a gun amnesty in Hamilton that started March 1.

"It's a first in Hamilton," said Chief Mullan. "If you have a gun you'd like to get rid of, an officer will be sent to your home, so that it's properly transported and ultimately destroyed."

The chief has called for the month-long amnesty after the recent increase in gun crimes.

"There have been significant thefts of guns in nearby areas - including the one from a Toronto collector," said Chief Mullan. "Just contact police and we'll come and take away the firearm - no questions asked," except said the chief, "In the event police have reason to believe the gun may have been used to commit a crime, an investigation may follow."
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
href=www.dundasstarnews.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=brabant/Layout/Article&c=Article&cid=1141339819710&call_pageid=1069851996007&col=1073476868082
By Peggy Chapman
News Staff

(Mar 3, 2006)
Everyone in the community has the opportunity to surrender unwanted and unregistered firearms - with no questions asked. At a recent Hamilton Police Services Board meeting, Chief Brian Mullan announced a gun amnesty in Hamilton that started March 1.

"It's a first in Hamilton," said Chief Mullan. "If you have a gun you'd like to get rid of, an officer will be sent to your home, so that it's properly transported and ultimately destroyed."

The chief has called for the month-long amnesty after the recent increase in gun crimes.

"There have been significant thefts of guns in nearby areas - including the one from a Toronto collector," said Chief Mullan. "Just contact police and we'll come and take away the firearm - no questions asked," except said the chief, "In the event police have reason to believe the gun may have been used to commit a crime, an investigation may follow."

unwanted and unregistered firearms???? WTF??!! - - is there any such thing?

[/bubba whoopass wilson]Correct me if I'm wrong....[/bubba whoopass wilson] but hasn't it been proven that this whole "gun turn in" scheme is a big joke and the general public, as a whole, never participates in it. And other than some gun-grabbin' liberals and the MSM, the events are total failures.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
asshat police chief......... enough said.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Chief of Police,

Go pound sand
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm too lazy to look it up.  Where the f*** is Dundas?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm too lazy to look it up.  Where the f*** is Dundas?

Suburbs and area around Toronto, Canada.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to announce BlueCrusader's Gun Amnesty Program.

If you are such a complete asshat that you believe law-abiding citizens turning in firearms that never have been and never will be used in a crime will in any way, shape or form, make the streets safer, please call and let me know.  I will have one of my deputies respond to your residence, take custody of your unappreciated weapons, give you a swift kick in the ass and then see that your previoulsy neglected and abused weapon(s) will go to some deserving family who will love, cherish and accesorize them appropriately.

When you next call 911 to report a home invasion, rape, robbery or other crime visited against you, we will snicker and then take 20 minutes to get there.

BC
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#7]
so, because the police chief cant keep crime down, he wants the citizens to turn in his guns...seems backwards to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]
An unwanted firearm.  

I pray that one day we will live in a world where every firearm is a wanted firearm.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
An unwanted firearm.  

I pray that one day we will live in a world where every firearm is a wanted firearm.  

Fear not, brother, they are all wanted right here.  I would hereby like to voluteer my services to collect any and all unwanted firearms, from anywhere in North America (or anywhere else if you'll ship 'em to me), for , ummm, proper disposal.

CO
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]

we'll come and take away the firearm - no questions asked,"

In the event police have reason to believe the gun may have been used to commit a crime, an investigation may follow."

IN further news, the beatings will continue until morale improves....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a better idea. Anyone who has unwanted and or unregestered forearms can turn them in to me. No questions asked. I will go to their house and pick the gun up so they will be ultimately used how they should be.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]
They come to your house!!!  How convienent.  I'm sure they would never keep a list of those homes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sig line material!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"There have been significant thefts of guns in nearby areas - including the one from a Toronto collector,"

That's it... turn in your guns so no one can steal them. That eliminates a lot of crime right off the bat. While you're at it, turn in all diamonds. That way no more jewel robberies will take place.

I wonder if there have been any significant thefts of automobiles? Elimination of all cars will prevent the rise of auto theft.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]

(Mar 3, 2006)

Does anyone else read this as "No questions asked untill we ask questions"
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

(Mar 3, 2006)

Does anyone else read this as "No questions asked untill we ask questions"

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#17]
In all fairness, they can turn thier guns in
at my house.

I won't ask any questions either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Those who would disarm good people in the face of danger are our enemy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#19]
An "unwanted" firearm. Think of how the firearm must feel!  Adopt a firearm today!  Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

www.dundasstarnews.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=brabant/Layout/Article&c=Article&cid=1141339819710&call_pageid=1069851996007&col=1073476868082
By Peggy Chapman
News Staff

(Mar 3, 2006)

So much for gun "amnesty"
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, Canada.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder what they would say if you told them to come pick up an unregistered M2 50 BMG or some other NFA weapon? Try to prosecute you?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
An unwanted firearm.  

Yes, every firearm a planned and wanted firearm.
Hey, let's do it for the firearms...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By Peggy Chapman
News Staff

(Mar 3, 2006)

So much for gun "amnesty"

That is an interesting take on "no questions asked."
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wonder what they would say if you told them to come pick up an unregistered M2 50 BMG or some other NFA weapon? Try to prosecute you?

well, it is an amnesty, unless they decide its not...so, 50/50 chance you'll go downtown
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Hmmmmm I should run a big ad in the local paper
"Un-wanted firearms taken no questions ask. I will come pick them up and safely dispose of them (into my gunsafe uuntil I get a chance to shoot them)"
The police have the right idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top