Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 4:34:31 AM EDT
Can FFLs ship handguns through the mail and if so, what type of restrictions are there?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Fill out USPS form.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
What is required to mail a shotgun or other firearm to a family member?

Handguns may be mailed by a licensed manufacturer or dealer of firearms or an authorized agent of federal government.

Although unloaded rifles and shotguns not precluded are mailable, mailers must comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618, 18 USC 921, et seq., and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, 26 CFR 178, as well as state and local laws.

For further advice on mailing a specific item, you should contact:
The nearest office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)
The Mailing Requirements area of your local Post Office™ facility.

link
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe handguns must ship Express Mail.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe handguns must ship Express Mail.

FFL to FFL they can go Parcel Post, Priority or my prefrence is Registered mail. Registered takes a bit longer, but is signed for every step of the way. Believe it or not it cost about the same as Priority mail. I'll update later with the form number.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I sincerely hope my pistol was shipped Express, as I paid $20 for shipping and another $8 for insurance. If it cost me $28 for shipping and was sent parcel post, I am not going to be very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top