Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 10:34:15 PM EDT
914, jeebus. I didn't know it was that high. I thought it was under 300
That is some good Kool-Aid I guess
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a prof that lived in the country at that time. Pretty interesting to hear her talk about it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny we bring this up. I met a man the other day, a friend of my boss, who was on the first crew in to see what happened.

When I met him, he was on furlough from an oil rig off the coast of Africa. Interesting guy, definitely not a faker.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in Jungle School at the time.  Just a LITTLE out of touch with the rest of the world.  The first thing I saw getting off the plane back in the states was a banner on a newspaper dispenser in the airport.

1200 dead at Jonestown

I thought they were talking about someplace in the states. I spent the bus ride back to post trying to figure out how you kill 1200 people at once. Poison gas?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was in Jungle School at the time.  Just a LITTLE out of touch with the rest of the world.  The first thing I saw getting off the plane back in the states was a banner on a newspaper dispenser in the airport.

1200 dead at Jonestown

I thought they were talking about someplace in the states. I spent the bus ride back to post trying to figure out how you kill 1200 people at once. Poison gas?

coolaid...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
All those bodies....

And the only ones I'm in the least bit upset about are the kids.

Good riddance AFA the rest of the looney bin goes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't a congressman get killed when he showed up to investigate Jim Jones?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, and his entire party. Jones was completely insane.

Guess what Jim Jones, Charles Manson and John Dillinger have in common?

They all lived in Indianapolis.

Jones was a preacher here, Manson went to school and was sent to Juvenile here and Dillinger was born just outside of the city.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Jones was a preacher here, Manson went to school and was sent to Juvenile here and Dillinger was born just outside of the city.

Ban Indianapolis! For the children!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didn't a congressman get killed when he showed up to investigate Jim Jones?

I believe it was Leo Ryan from Calif.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I was in Venezuela at the time.  As a young child I was used to my fellow Venezuelans actin' crazy 'n' stuff, but it was the first time I'd ever been exposed to my fellow United Stateans actin' crazy 'n' such.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Bush did it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#12]
From what I've read about the incident, there are some interesting facts regarding this case.
After the incident, investigators found certain drugs(Quaaludes, Valium, morphine, Demerol, and chloral hydrate), which some believe were used in par as a sort of "mind control."  If you think most of the people were murdered, you should listen to the audio cassette- Jones had the final moments of many, many people recorded.  Somehow, it's been leaked from the FBI and you can listen to the 44 or so minute tape.

The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) (November 18, 1978) - To Archive.Org page:
http://www.archive.org/details/ptc1978-11-18.flac16

What I find most disturbing is that it sounds like these people were very, very devoted to Jim Jones, who they called "dad."  I can hardly listen to the tape without thinking that almost all of the people in that room died.  913 people, man.  Just boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
914, jeebus. I didn't know it was that high. I thought it was under 300
That is some good Kool-Aid I guess

The way I remember it there only counted a few hundred at first but when they started removing the bodies they found out there were more underneath.  FWIW, I met the soundman of the TV crew that was traveling with Ryan when they got shot at..nice guy..but very quiet about the whole thing
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hey, I LIVE IN INDIANAPOLIS.

Fuck.  
I'm already 40 and I've got nothing to show for it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Them be bodies and that'sonly what you can see...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My guess was;  "They're all burning in Hell."
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a misunderstood prophet. Same with Koresh. Don't be drawing any cartoons of them.

eta:

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top