Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:07:44 PM EDT
I am going to start cliping and pasteing the most Gonzo quotes with the board names here. Let the flames begin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the Anti Semetics.. ..... I hope the hating kids will stay in school.
1GunnerHogan1

I'm so sick of these Israeli LEECHES...we GIVE them billions in FREE weapons, aid and what do they do? Spy on us, sell our weapons technology to the North Koreans. Its time to pull the plug on these ingrates. Let them deal with the arabs WITHOUT U.S. TAXPAYER PAID weapons and dollars. Remember the USS Liberty!! Intentionally fired on and sunk by Israel killing scores of U.S. sailors!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
What are the chances glock fotey here checked to see if there was anyone behind the glass?

Personally, its not enough to say that everything worked out.  The requirement is that, before the trigger is squeezed, the shooter knows for certain the shot will be good.  So, I'm not saying its a bad shoot--but the fact that everything worked out is not good enough.  As people have pointed out, there's not enough information.  That the guy seemed to be a decent shot is heartening, though.

So, I have no real opinion about this shooting.

Regarding my personal feelings on these sorts of things, shooting isn't really necessary.  The motel owners were presumably insured against this, and noone other than the insurance company is losing any money.  And the insurance company isn't either, really, as the underwriter is amortizing their risk--they make money anyway.  Besides, if the register operator is doing everything right, there isn't more than a few hundred dollars there anyway.  This is why most business owners quite prudently advise their employees, "Just let them have it."

The other half of the shooting, though, is fulfilling a duty to one's society.  These repeat offenders will probably just continue to, well, repeat, if not shot three times in the back.  However, personally, I am very skeptical of dealing out justice without proper trial.  Ten seconds just isn't long enough to run your own internal judge, jury, and executioner to deal out the capital punishment.  I'd say that if you want to make society a safer place to live in, there are better ways than CCW.  But then, thats just me.  I think most people here think CCW is pretty much the only way to a safe society.

In any case, its a risky affair, and I'm glad it turned out good for everyone (including the guy who got nailed--perhaps this will convince him to stop "repeating").  However, it is unfortunate that the baby almost certainly sustained hearing damage.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leisure_Shoot
Team Member
Int'l Shooter of Leisure

So, a guy comes in to rob the place... your friend pulls a gun, and the bad guy turn around and runs out, and your buddy shoots him in the back 3 times? Is that what happened?

I'm not saying I disagree, but I don't know that I would have shot him in the back as he ran away.
That could be a long prison sentence in many states.

Or am I missing something in this video.
And, as was asked previously, where did this happen?

Overwhelming force is the way to meet any threat. An Enemy in retreat has not surrendered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
tankdriver
Team Member

I carry 3 different pistols depending on how I'm dressed. I have a 380 Kel-Tec, a S&W 38 Airweight, and a 229 Sig 40. All 3 have lasers, and the S&W and SIG have CT's. I really like them. FBI stats say a confrontational shooting takes place in less than 6ft, is over in 3 seconds, and has 3 round expended. You do not want to stick the gun out where it can be grabbed, and you do not have time to really aim. As I said, this is from the FBI, not me.
I was taught to shoot from the belt line slight turned away from threat, use weak hand as needed. Where the red dot is where you'll hit...

He is talking as if he never uses his irons now that he has the LAZER.... That is what bothers me.
JarheadPatriot

Every night, before I go to bed, (I am usually the last one), I look out at least one window on each side of the house. In warmer weather, I actually go outside and walk around the house, armed. Check the cars. Check the kids. Make sure all is well, then unlock the cabinet before I turn in. Anyone else have a similar routine?

A wee bit too paranoid.
Mre to come as I find them.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of that bothers you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget the one about ground beef and hamburgers.

... oh, and you'll find a lot of them in ANY thread about "what gun is best for home defense"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't forget the one about ground beef and hamburgers.

Yep... all those people misleading that poor guy...he's probably still in the kitchen trying to make hamburgers out of ground beef!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
seen much much worse
that one is not too bad
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You dont carry three guns on you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife doesn't like eating steak because it comes from a cow and cows are cute, but she loves ground beef.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

only when I'm swimming at the pool.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My wife doesn't like eating steak because it comes from a cow and cows are cute, but she loves ground beef.  

Take ground beef and shape it like a steak!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

only when I'm swimming at the pool.

You'll never catch me in that position

www.hkpro.com/peleven.htm
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
maybe he meant he has 3 different guns that he carries, not that he carries all 3 at the same time-then again, you never know around here
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am going to start cliping and pasteing the most Gonzo quotes with the board names here. Let the flames begin.
tankdriver
Team Member

I carry 3 different pistols depending on how I'm dressed. I have a 380 Kel-Tec, a S&W 38 Airweight, and a 229 Sig 40. All 3 have lasers, and the S&W and SIG have CT's. I really like them. FBI stats say a confrontational shooting takes place in less than 6ft, is over in 3 seconds, and has 3 round expended. You do not want to stick the gun out where it can be grabbed, and you do not have time to really aim. As I said, this is from the FBI, not me.
I was taught to shoot from the belt line slight turned away from threat, use weak hand as needed. Where the red dot is where you'll hit...

You wouldn't happen to be a closet liberal now, would you? You know, dictating to others how they should run their own life?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, it's a guy's opinion on what makes him feel safe.... so it doesnt jive with yours.  doesnt make him stupid.

I carry ONE gun with ONE magazine loaded in it with no reloads.  some people think i'm crazy, but I'm comfortable with what I carry, which, in my opinion, is what matters
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tankdriver
Team Member

He is talking as if he never uses his irons now that he has the LAZER.... That is what bothers me.

So what exactly is wrong with a guy carrying one of three different pistols depending on how he's dressed???
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
goatballz

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
maybe he meant he has 3 different guns that he carries, not that he carries all 3 at the same time-then again, you never know around here

Concur, on all counts
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#16]
IMHO if in a gunfight at 6' or give the benifit of a doubt 20' and neither opponent hits each other by the time either one expends 8rds +, they should walk up to each other and confess they both suck, shake hands and seek some help as they both are inadequit at their role in the victim/predator scenario......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IMHO if in a gunfight at 6' or give the benifit of a doubt 20' and neither opponent hits each other by the time either one expends 8rds +, they should walk up to each other and confess they both suck, shake hands and seek some help as they both are inadequit at their role in the victim/predator scenario......

That is why we NEED bayonets. (and yes even on handguns)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Usually, after a year or so here, you start to figure out that it's only the internet, and that very little is to be taken seriously.

If after a year or so, you are still griping about the digitized crap freely spewing from the fingertips of drunks, maybe you should turn off your computer.  

I'm only saying this because nobody here except for me, is professional enough to own a Glock foe-ty, and the only proper way to shoot it is sideways.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I can only hope I get quoted in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
_________________________________________________________________________________
You wouldn't happen to be a closet liberal now, would you? You know, dictating to others how they should run their own life?

_________________________________________________________________________________

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Usually, after a year or so here, you start to figure out that it's only the internet, and that very little is to be taken seriously.

If after a year or so, you are still griping about the digitized crap freely spewing from the fingertips of drunks, maybe you should turn off your computer.  

I'm only saying this because nobody here except for me, is professional enough to own a Glock foe-ty, and the only proper way to shoot it is sideways.  

Stealth... I Love You Man.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I use rock salt for home defence, and my CCW in a .50 AE Deagle wit da beemz yo!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#23]
hey stealth....

do they make sights to fit the side of a glock slide?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
hey stealth....

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Doh... too slow!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I wanna be in these thread to. Look me up...!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
hey stealth....

bah F that, too slow, and #3 too!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
.22 and .38 are all you need.  EVER.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
get the fizzuck outta here!   are those fo' rizzle?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#30]
snakes on a plane
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Much of the "advice" here is worth exactly what you paid for it.

However, some is really useful.  Separating the wheat from the chaff is what keeps things interesting.  Keeps Ye 'ol bullshit detector calibrated.

Don't take the internet so seriously.  Afterall, It was built by Al Gore.  How credible could it really be.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That's how I read it.
3 different pistols, depending on the occasions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I can only hope I get quoted in this thread.

Don't get your hopes up, Noob!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

So what exactly is wrong with a guy carrying one of three different pistols depending on how he's dressed???

Because odds are he hasn't dedicated the time/training to become proficient with one, much less all three.  Case in point is the comment about the lasers.  Electronics and batteries can fail.  Iron sights and muscle memory are less likey to do so.

Although I have many pistols, I have only 1 CCW piece.  Train with the weapon you fight with, Fight with the weapon you train with.

BC
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The funniest thing about that is there are some dumb congress critters who thought it was real.

I remember that story...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#38]
JarheadPatriot

Every night, before I go to bed, (I am usually the last one), I look out at least one window on each side of the house. In warmer weather, I actually go outside and walk around the house, armed. Check the cars. Check the kids. Make sure all is well, then unlock the cabinet before I turn in. Anyone else have a similar routine?

A wee bit too paranoid.
-----------------------------------

The winner
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hey stealth....

i2.tinypic.com/qn9rao.jpg

The funniest thing about that is there are some dumb congress critters who thought it was real.

Link?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't see anything wrong with makeing sure your home and family
is secure.  If dude feels better doing it, that's fine with me.

My wife is more obsessive about locking the doors than I am.

As far as the gun thing....If dude wants to carry three guns, I don't
have an issue with it.  Not my choice, but, whatever.

As far as his shooting style, I think he's talking about REALLY
close in.  We were taught a similar method at a PSD class I atteneded.
It involved strikeing with your off hand, and, drawing/snapshooting with your gun
hand, essentially from the hip.

I've heard WAY worse
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
what concerns me is you think those are the worst examples.

your not surfing arfcom enough

+1.

Not even CLOSE to the worst.....

He's been here since 2/05 and those were the best he could do?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
JarheadPatriot

A wee bit too paranoid.
-----------------------------------

The winner

Sounds like a form of OCD,nothing wrong with it though
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#45]
most of the nutty posts have 2 causes:

paranoia
divorce
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Those are almost as crazy as you wanting to carry without one in the chamber.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#48]
What about that guy that was trying to make a head space guage from a tuna can, a couple of years ago.. That thread was a hoot!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What about that guy that was trying to make a head space guage from a tuna can, a couple of years ago.. That thread was a hoot!

LOL, I must have missed that one
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top