Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:06:32 PM EDT
You guys remember awhile back when they caught Saddam Hussein in his little hole? I remember that the news media reported him having a pistol. Does anyone know the make and model that they found him with? I remember also hearing that President Bush had the pistol framed and has kept ahold of it as a keepsake. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be very cool / interesting if in fact GW framed said pistol. Quite the conversation piece I would imagine. Curious if the two have met face to face since his capture.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I think ol saddam liked the Browning hi powers --  but i dont know what gun of his -"W" ended up with !
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I remember also hearing that President Bush had the pistol framed and has kept ahold of it as a keepsake.

He did.  That also means Bush is breaking the law since handgun possession in DC has been outlawed since the 1970s.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I remember also hearing that President Bush had the pistol framed and has kept ahold of it as a keepsake.

He did.  That also means Bush is breaking the law since handgun possession in DC has been outlawed since the 1970s.

Did he have to sidestep the import laws to get it in country...?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Let see.....enemy combatant, hiding, out of uniform and armed....and he wasn't shot on the spot as a spy? Why?

roy d....would have saved a ton of grief
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You guys remember awhile back when they caught Saddam Hussein in his little hole? I remember that the news media reported him having a pistol. Does anyone know the make and model that they found him with? I remember also hearing that President Bush had the pistol framed and has kept ahold of it as a keepsake. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Since the American people are financing this whole thing, it belongs in a museum
not on Bush's wall.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He didn't take the gun , it was framed and given to the White House AKA the federal govt.

The White House is also excempt from DC laws.
You didn't know that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I GOOGLE-IMAGE Searched "Saddam's Pistol" and all I found was this (not funny )

The real story?....................From Time Magazine (owned by same commies as CNN)

Jun. 7, 2004 When Saddam Hussein was rousted from his spider hole in Dawr, a town near Tikrit, by U.S. soldiers last December, Iraq's fallen dictator was clutching a pistol. He is now in detention at an undisclosed location, being questioned by American authorities and awaiting charges for war atrocities and crimes against humanity. But what ever happened to the pistol? The sidearm has made its way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Sources say that the military had the pistol mounted after the soldiers seized it from Saddam and that it was then presented to the President privately by some of the troops...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since the American people are financing this whole thing, it belongs in a museum
not on Bush's wall.

I'm sorry aren't you that PETA member from the hog killin video thread?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not on Bush's wall.

I'm trying damned hard to find the picture of Dr. Indiana Jones with the golden cross.

I'd photoshop it with the highlighted phrase and it could take the internet by storm!

That , or I just might watch the movie.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That would be very cool / interesting if in fact GW framed said pistol. Quite the conversation piece I would imagine. Curious if the two have met face to face since his capture.

Yeah, nice conversation peice...
"I sent 5000 men to die in a country that was not involved in terrorist attacks just for this pistol. Pretty neat huh?"

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]
From a newspaper reporters interview with President Bush

"Q-- Thank you, Mr. President. You do have now the personal gun of Saddam Hussein. Are you willing to give it to President al-Yawar as a symbolic gift, or are you keeping it? (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT:What she's referring to is a -- members of a Delta team came to see me in the Oval Office and brought with me -- these were the people that found Saddam Hussein, the dictator of Iraq, hiding in a hole. And, by the way, let me remind everybody about Saddam Hussein, just in case we all forget. There were mass graves under his leadership. There were torture chambers. Saddam Hussein -- if you -- we had seven people come to my office. Perhaps the foreign press didn't see this story. Seven people came to my -- they had their hands cut off because the Iraqi currency had devalued. And Saddam Hussein needed somebody to blame, so he blamed small merchants. And their hands were chopped off, their right hand.

"Fortunately, a documentary film maker went to Baghdad and filmed the -- filmed these seven men. And their story was picked up around the nation, particularly in Houston, Texas, where a person named Marvin Zindler, who runs a foundation, took great sympathy and flew them over and had new hands put on. The latest prosthesis were put on their hand -- were put on their arms. And their hands worked. I remember the guy signing 'God Bless America' with his new hand in the Oval Office.
"So this is the person. So needless to say, our people were thrilled to have captured him. And in his lap was several weapons. One of them was a pistol. And they brought it to me. It's now the property of the U.S. government. And I am -- I am -- it -- I'm grateful for their bravery. I'm also grateful that that part of the mission was accomplished, for the good of the Iraqi people."

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#14]
i seem to remember it being a hi power also. and like the blurb above sez, it ain't bush's pistol, it belongs to the .gov. when he leaves office it will stay unless the gov "loans" it to his library somewheres down the line.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]
If I had been able to, I would have considered it an honor to present it to President Bush myself!!!!!!!

As for you cry babies..........

Sincerely
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

i wonder if he could get a presidential pardon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Any Cigars found don in dat hole ---  Clintons got dibbs
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I sent 5000 men to die in a country that was not involved in terrorist attacks just for this pistol. Pretty neat huh?"

By the way if you're gonna lie make sure it's one we can't check.
The death toll is 2297

No small number but we lost that many brave men in the first two hours on omaha beach in WWII
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the phrase "Lighten up Francis" applies here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not on Bush's wall.

You are aware that the White House IS something of a museum, aren't you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#21]
So, it was then given to the .gov.  Importing it was illegal.  

The point is not to say i think bush is a criminal but that gun laws are so arbitrary and random that even the NRA-endorsed president runs afoul of them without meaning to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Bringing the pistol back and giving it to the POTUS was not against the law. Military units are allowed to bring back weapons (war trophies) for historical posterity. Usually one per unit down to company/detachment level. More than likely the importation of this pistol was imported under these guidelines.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Can you say, Chimpeachment?!?!?

Bush. Is. Toast.  This has legs!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hah!  I'm going to bring this up at DU.  Can you say, Chimpeachment?!?!?

I never go to that site, but i bet anything that happens in the news give legs for impeachment to stand on...

How many times does that happen in a week?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you say, Chimpeachment?!?!?

Drunk again huh?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#26]
It was a Bryco Jennings with gold spray paint, "ivory" (white electrical tape) grip plates, and shiny star stickers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Military units are allowed to bring back weapons

IIRC, only if they've been deactivated.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
it seems to me [and i could be wrong] that the pistol was along the lines of an iraqi made tokarev. { or a reasonable facsimile thereof]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top