Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
And you got your feet in the picture.  So many people forget that these days.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Because when it comes to Shotgun snobs O/U fans can be the worst.

There is nothing wrong with Baikal shotguns, I used to sell them when I worked in a gun shop during college. The Baikal was a great starter gun, and gun for a new shooter.

The people who bought Baikals bought them for value, and were just starting to get into Sporting Clays and Trap shooting and they did not want to spend $1,500 to 2,000 and up on a O/U. And they are smart for buying a Baikal and then a Browning or Beretta.

I use a semi auto for Sporting Clays/Trap and hunting, and the O/U snobs have put me down for using a 21" Benelli vs. a 30" Beretta or Browning Citori.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Verona that cost me just a bit more than the Baikals I was looking at, is a bit lighter and, IMO, a bit prettier.  Other than that it's a pair of barrels that throw shit at birds and clays.  I like that it's pretty but it certainly didn't have to be.

I doubt I'll ever upgrade from it unless it's a situation of a family member or friend needing an O/U to hunt with me so I go buy a new one and they get mine.  Mine's pretty, does it's job and I like it...but I don't see paying $3,000 for an O/U when it can get me into something that is actually worth that amount...like a Sako TRG-42.  

Shotgun snobs are the bleech blonde fashion queens of the gun world.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i love taking my 20" barrel mossberg 590 (with bayo lug and heat shield) the the range and beating people with more money than skill.  it kills them that my $350 tactical shotgun can hang with their O/U's that cost more than most people's cars.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both the expensive shotguns, and the cheap, and can bust clays all day with either. In shotguns, I really see no difference in shooting ability, but perhaps in quality of build. You can drive to work in a Yugo, or you can drive to work in a Benz. Will you still get to work?....yes....err maybe.., but you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Built like a tank, yes.  

Svelte, refined, and melts into your body....maybe.  

But probably not.  

I'm glad you like your shotgun.  Looks like you're enjoying the hell out of it...and that is all that matters!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not about functionality; it's all about style.  If there are a bunch of guys shoting Perazzis, Purdys, etc. and somebody breaks in with a Baikal or a tactical gun, its sort of like a turd in the punch bowl.  :)

That said, shoot what you like.  If you beat them with your Baikal, they probably won't be able to talk much smack.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top