Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 2:25:31 PM EDT
I satisfied my contract with verizon. Been on them for many years but am lookingat other options as verizon does not have the best plans out there.
I went to my local phone super mart and my head was about to explode tring to figure out  the phones and plans and area coverages.

I like verizon as they still have analog which comes in handy if i need it.But Am leaning toward Cingular

Tell me who you like or dislike and your experience with them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP.

ETA: Cingular blows.  They have the worst complaint rate in the industry and seem to base their customer service philosopy on lying to their customers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IBTP.

DITTO!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nextel sucks unless you live on a major highway.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i have cingluar and no complaints
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Verizon.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like verizon as they still have analog which comes in handy if i need it.But Am leaning toward Cingular

I have Verizon my wife and daughter have Cingular. When at my daughter's college in Tacoma I get a good signal but they don't.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IBTP.

ETA: Cingular blows.  They have the worst complaint rate in the industry and seem to base their customer service philosopy on lying to their customers.

Cingulars customer service does suck ill admit that my phones price dropped shortly after I bought it and they promised to refund me the price difference. It took about 8 calls to finally get the refund.

But when you are not dealing with the customer service they are fine. I use cingular because they have a very cheap pay as you go plan, with how little I use it I never needed anywhere near the amount of minutes you get with a contract service. $9/month ($27 every 3 months really) is all I pay.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Verizon.  Well..."Like" is a pretty strong word...I guess I don't hate Verizon, as much as I hate the others.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Verizon.  No complaints.

+1, just renewed a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Cingular is good if you never get too far away from major cities and don't need reception all the time. I have them and am just waiting out my contract instead of arguing with them to get out of it. They lie to their customers, tell you shit like "Oh, well they are putting up towers in that area very soon." That didn't happen to me, but I have heard it lots of times. They also use their employees as reviews for advertisements.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Verizon is the best but they either limit or charge to use cool phone features (like OBEX over Bluetooth)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Evidently I must be the only one who gets along fine with U.S. Cellular.

Service wise I have had no comlanits in 10 years.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Alltel is the best ive had. Just switched back to them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It really depends on location...

For me anyway, verizon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#15]
verizon has always worked good for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
NEXTEL.... now owned by SPRINT

I love my Nextel.
I hardly every use my minutes.
I work as a Building Framer, and I use the Direct Connect Feature all day long.

It is wonderful.  plus it kinda fun,  Like im a kid again  on a walkie talkie
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
SPRINT PCS
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I have traveled all over the country with several people with several different cell companies. I hate to say it.... ATT has the very very best coverage. Then Verizon. I have Sprint and it's Ok is all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#20]
ALLtel
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Not Sprint.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#23]
T Mobile has both the most minutes I can get for my money, and their customer service hasn't left me wanting to burn the fucking corporate HQ down unlike a few of my previous carriers.

Works most everywhere, too.

SG
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I have nextel.  Service is spotty and the plans are too pricey.  Problem is they seem to be the best thing going around my neck of the woods currently.  I tried Cingular.  It was terrible here.  I never could get a strong signal and I would agree with others that their customer service sucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Used Sprint for over 2 years with no problems.  Great reception everywhere I took it.  Customer service was well above average.

Went to Cell One for another 2+ years, they were so so.  Reception was average in most places.  Found errors on 3 statements in that time frame.  Customer service was average to slightly above average.

Been with Cingular now for a few months, so far so good.  Reception is fine, customer service so far is fine.

Verizon has substandard reception in Oklahoma.

Edit - Cingular will let you pay an additional $7 per month to have your night time period from 7pm to 7am (as opposed to 9pm to 6am).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Cigular, been great, like the plan and the price and the phone. Customer Service has been great.

Don't see why I should not sign up for another two year contract.........
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#27]
if you dont call in ALOT cingular is great. But the second you have a problem or start calling in ...its over. I have had them for 6 years, I have called in once and it was a PITA. My friends have verizon and love them.

I work for cingular, I gave my vote for verizon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Cingular for my area. Not crazy about their customer service, but their coverage and signal availability has no equal around these parts in my experience..............
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I have Verizont Wireless.  I've only had 3 dropped calls and they seem to be in the same area.  I'm normally traveling all around Philadelphia and back up to my home.  Haven't had any dropped calls in Philly (yet).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I use Verizon all over the US and it has fairly consistent service all over.  I tried a different one once that wouldn't work worth shit in my hometown.  

Consistent reliable service first, plans, packages, and prices second......unless you just like to carry a nicely priced turd for looks.

I prefer to not have the cellphone leash, but at least is is completely free for me.

I also have a free Verizon wireless air-card in my laptop.  Although not the fastest, the service areas have been nothing short of amazing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Evidently I must be the only one who gets along fine with U.S. Cellular.

Service wise I have had no comlanits in 10 years.

I used them for a few years, with zero problems. The reason I chose Cingular for this time was because I was back and forth across the state a lot. The same plan with US Cellular was 20 bucks a month more, and that was just for the state, with Cingular it was national. When this plan is over with in a few months, its back to US Cellular.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Verizon, no complaints.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I have Verizon and I'm happy.  We got Nextel phones at work (I drive a truck), and it doesn't have the coverage of the Verizon phone.  I was going to get rid of my Verizon phone and just use the Nextel, but it  just doesn't work anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I satisfied my contract with verizon. Been on them for many years but am lookingat other options as verizon does not have the best plans out there.
I went to my local phone super mart and my head was about to explode tring to figure out  the phones and plans and area coverages.

If you live in western WA ( King - Snoho Co area ) and you ditch Verizon for Cingular .... you are going to be real unhappy w/ their shit service & reception.

I am speaking from 1st hand experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top