Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 12:30:17 PM EDT
About teh only TV show I watch is Law and Order.

Everytime a perp gets clipped by the po-po, they "Ask where were you on the day of......xyz?"

Perp says "I was home alone, watching TV"

Po-po axs "Can anyone vouch for your whereabouts? "

"No, I was alone."

How can that be? I pretty much could always have SOMEONE vouch for my whereabouts.

It doesn't have to be the cops asking, but have you ever not been able to account for your whereabouts?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had to.

I'd be in trouble if it came up though, because I'm pretty much always alone when I'm not at work.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have trouble remembering what I was doing this morning much less last year or a decade ago.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
you could always say you went out fishing by yourself like that one guy... Scott Peterson
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never had to.

I'd be in trouble if it came up though, because I'm pretty much always alone when I'm not at work.

Hell I'm alone AT work!

My only witness would be my dog.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Whenever I get pinched I just tell the voices to tell the cop where we have been....

Works everytime....

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
ya, every saturday and sunday morning.

i have to piece together the night before from eye witness accounts
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
About five years ago, I was leaving work and a detective pulled up as I walked out the door. He asked if I would come down to the station and answer some questions for him, so....later that night, I went in. It seems some ass hat said that I was involved in robbing a liquor store, a laundrymat, and a KFC (gimme all your drumsticks or else!!)...anyways, I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Then he asks where I was on a Wednesday night about 2 months earlier..."I don't have a clue!!" He realized that I knew nothing about the robberies and let me go, whew!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you could always say you went out fishing by yourself like that one guy... Scott Peterson

Yeah, that worked out real well for him...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, yes...but not because I was a perp under a hot light.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Have you ever had to account for your whereabouts, but couldn't?

I have been asked but, at my age, I am inclined to claim I have Alzheimer's , suddenly, all seems to be forgiven.   Perhaps this is a reason my wife does not let me out of her sight.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I could have(accounted for my whereabouts), but it's kinda hard to tell the principal that you were fucking his daughter at the time the incident in question happened.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm single & spend a lot of time alone at home. I have always wondered about this topic. Like when they ask, where were you on October 8th 1978, at 5:54 am?

I was a teenager then, & fully able to perpatrate a crime of magnitude at that age. I sure couldn't give an answer off the top of my head, & even with research it would be hard to figure out just where I was & what I was doing. I probably couldn't give a good answer to save my life.

I can bairly remember where, & what from a week ago, let alone much longer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Everytime a perp gets clipped by the po-po, they "Ask where were you on the day of......xyz?"

"No, I was alone."

How can that be? I pretty much could always have SOMEONE vouch for my whereabouts.

It doesn't have to be the cops asking, but have you ever not been able to account for your whereabouts?

I think you frequent posting will substantiate your whereabouts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"No, I was alone."

never had  to, but there are nights when my girlfriend does not stay over and the only thing I can give to prove I was home is my word.

I can prove what time I left work and what time I arrived the next morning.  I can prove my credit card was used on the way home to pick up dinner (usually, sometimes just gas).  If I bought a movie on ppv I could prove that.    

having a wife or live in girlfriend makes it easier to prove things :)

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I would be screwed.  I live by myself and my primary job is taking care of a stable- by myself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, there was this one time when I was TDY to the desert, and I didn't know where the f*!k I was, let alone anyone else!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"No, I was alone."

never had  to, but there are nights when my girlfriend does not stay over and the only thing I can give to prove I was home is my word.

I can prove what time I left work and what time I arrived the next morning.  I can prove my credit card was used on the way home to pick up dinner (usually, sometimes just gas).  If I bought a movie on ppv I could prove that.    

having a wife or live in girlfriend makes it easier to prove things :)

And a good deal more likely that you'll have to.

CO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am pwned.  

You guys are my alibi.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am pwned.  

You guys are my alibi.

"geee detective.....let me do a quick search (I'm a member, ya' know?)....hmmm, I argued about ID vs. Creationism here for a few hours, and then we debated the cleanest, most bum-free city, then then we had a Glock v 1911 pissing match."

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

"No, I was alone."

married huh?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Hasn't it been said that the innocent guy never thinks about having an alibi?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top