Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 9:07:22 AM EDT
The people behind it was the Soviet Union.  They were the impetus for the assassination attempt and the order was given from the Kremlin.

You have to wonder how long the people investigating have known this but withheld the news from the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Once again, Tom Clancy is right on the mark.  But then again, this ought not to surprise anyone.

Fargin' amazing!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Once again, Tom Clancy is right on the mark.  But then again, this ought not to surprise anyone.

Fargin' amazing!

Exactly what I thought when I first heard the news!

Funny. I've had someone that works for a certain 3-letter agency tell me that the employees of said agency don't like Tom Clancy because the way he portrays said agency is "completely unrealistic".

I question the sanity of the source, and it does explain a lot of government failures in recent years...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fargin' amazing!

Funny. I've had someone that works for a certain 3-letter agency tell me that the employees of said agency don't like Tom Clancy because the way he portrays said agency is "completely unrealistic".
That`s because Jack Ryan`s CIA gets results.
I question the sanity of the source, and it does explain a lot of government failures in recent years...

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
In an odd way, the attempt was a high compliment to a cleric.  He was a man w/o an army who so concerned the Evil Empire that they tried to kill him.   Churchill said a man is best judged by the animosity he incites in his enemies.....particularly evil enemies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
NO SHIT!
The Sovs had no trouble with wet work.
I'll bet you dollars to donuts they were behind MLK getting whacked.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hasn't this been know for awhile? i'd swear i remember hearing about that 10+ years ago?

No there was speculation of such.  But there was no confirmation.  Today the authorities involved confirmed the complicity of the Kremlin.

I bet the CIA does truely hate Clancey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fargin' amazing!

same here!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Further details show that the Soviets were afraid of the work he was doing in Poland and Solidarity.  Obviously they were correct because it was the beginning of the end for them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Was that in Red Rabbit? I haven't read that one.

Yes. Best spy yarn in the bunch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That`s because Jack Ryan`s CIA gets results.

Yeah, really.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Clancy used to be our friendly local insurance agent.
But he has a nice house with a tank in the front yard,anda range in the basement,or so I'm told.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#15]
It has been often specualated that the Kremlin was behind it, but not on a governemnt to government level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top