Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 6:31:07 PM EDT
For those lucky few LEO's that have gotten close to one:

The dual sight...  (red-dot & 3.6X)   is it a great new wonderfull thing?  Or is it just a good way to spend big bucks?  

Is it rugged?
What type of battereis do they use in those things?

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Hensoldt dot sight uses a AA-size lithium battery, and they cost about 8 bucks a shot.  The fiber-optic line that powers it during the day does a good job, though.

I like the system because I can zero the scope at 50 yards and get headshots from 100 yds and in, and zero the dot at 15 yards for close-in work.  However, I think for entry teams or for patrol use, the new iron-sight version would be better.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The Hensoldt dot sight uses a AA-size lithium battery, and they cost about 8 bucks a shot.  The fiber-optic line that powers it during the day does a good job, though.

I like the system because I can zero the scope at 50 yards and get headshots from 100 yds and in, and zero the dot at 15 yards for close-in work.  However, I think for entry teams or for patrol use, the new iron-sight version would be better.

The sights seem to be rugged so far- we haven't had any breakages yet.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I held one.  It was a Full Auto too.  G36K.  I was with GaryOwen at the time.  check out the Armory, it's such a [b]COOL[/b] place.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I inspected a std. G36 rifle with the dual sighting system. The red dot I thought was too small to use for CQB. The 3.5x optical sight is pretty sweet though. I'd have to say that since I own an AR-15, I like the AR-15's set up better too. If you're a LEO and need a .223, get a G36C, since it uses a Picatinny Rail and has fixed iron sights like the UMP submachinegun.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the G36's are now available with the picatinny rail with iron sights instead of optics.  You can also get it as a retrofit accessory.

The dot is kinda small and can be hard to pick up in a hurry- slower than iron sights.  The biggest problem is that it is so high above the bore axis, and it's hard to get a good cheekweld when using the dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top