Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 5:01:55 PM EDT
I have to go to Santa Fe, NM next week on business. Having never been there, I have no idea what is there to do for fun. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know one thing, it's a major hub for libtards.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Food:  Horseman's Haven (NM chile-based cuisine), Bobcat Bite (burgers, a diner, couple miles outside town), Il Vicino (from scratch pizzas and microbrews, located right downtown)  These are little, out-of-the-way favorites of locals.

Bars:  Cowgirl Hall of Fame (kind of a spring-breaky type of place in the summer, but I liked the place)

Other:  Ten Thousand Waves bath house, Japanese-style spa.  Hiking, Mt Atalaya above town.  The indian museum, plenty of little galleries on Canyon Rd. and little boutiques of junk to check out downtown.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know one thing, it's a major hub for libtards.

That's what I'm not looking forward to for sure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like Santa Fe and I am pretty far to the right.  For me, it is all about the culinary opportunities.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I love that place. There sure is a lot less red neck gun toting idiots there than there are here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I really like Santa Fe and I am pretty far to the right.  For me, it is all about the culinary opportunities.  

I liked it too.  Lived there for a year.  Didn't like how the entire ciy shut down on the weekend, when I had any time to get away from school.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I love that place. There sure is a lot less red neck gun toting idiots there than there are here.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, I think that the prolonged exposure to the higher level of UV actually causes the necks in New Mexico to be more a shade of brown than red.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Aw geez, another one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We get it .
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Too much of a tourist trap.  The best food is a Rancho Chimayo, some 35 miles north.  Better food than anything else in the area.

Where?Glad you asked.

No, I am not affiliated with Rancho Chimayo in any sense.  I just like their food.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice shot Ed!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Drive north on 285 about 15 miles...turn west on Highway 4, and climb up to Los Alamos...
Couple of  cool museums there if you like nuclear weapons, and their history.

Continue west on Highway 4 to the Jemez Mountains... a beautiful drive you won't forget...  Great rainbow and brown fishing in the rivers.
I drove over those mountains for 20 years on the way to work...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And now,89grand has one less troll account!

IP match  

Owned!    

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#17]
snow ski?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL... nice job, Ed!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Check out Blue Corn downtown. There are a couple of pretty good bars downtown, I like Del Charro's. Try the stuffed poblano there.  Maria's on Cordova is great, especially the Margaritas.

Bring guns and go shooting in the National Forest for free, at ranges pretty much as long as you care to shoot.  There are an absolutely incredible amount of good hiking trails.  YOu can go rafting or fly flishing if you have the free time and money.

Open carry is legal with no permit you should give that a try, just stay outside of anyplace that sells liquor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#21]
If you goto the main Square in Santa Fe, they have an excellent bus tour of the area that's pretty cheap, stopping at all the historic places in town.   It's worth it, and the tour guides are locals who are entertaining as well as informative.   Just look for the tourist information building and they'll tell you where to buy a ticket.  You get to see the insides of a couple really old churches.

Los Alamos has a  museum named after a famous science ficiton author, whose name escpaes my
mind at the moment, but I've heard it's very good.

There's Bandelier National monument, outside of Los Alamos.  It's a bit of a drive out side of
Santa Fe, but if you want to see interesting old indian structures, it's not more than an hours drive
if I remember right.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IP match  

Ed, I ask this in all sincerity.  If you are going to ban a troll account of his, why not his primary account as that is the same owner?   Does one hand get away with a trick while the other is punished?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IP match  

Thank you sir; that jackass was really pissing me off screwing with my thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Check out Blue Corn downtown. There are a couple of pretty good bars downtown, I like Del Charro's. Try the stuffed poblano there.  Maria's on Cordova is great, especially the Margaritas.

Bring guns and go shooting in the National Forest for free, at ranges pretty much as long as you care to shoot.  There are an absolutely incredible amount of good hiking trails.  YOu can go rafting or fly flishing if you have the free time and money.

Open carry is legal with no permit you should give that a try, just stay outside of anyplace that sells liquor.

No sweat; I'm CCW'ed to the max. I will try your suggestions though. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top