Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:32:37 PM EDT
I am sitting here, a little loaded, looking at the back of a Canadian nickel, that has an image of your national symbol, the beaver.

Why is this waterborne rodent your national symbol?  Then it struck me;  I just want confirmation:

Because the economic reason for settling Canada in the early days came from trapping beavers.  Is this right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Beaver was a major part of Canada's economy (hehehehe), well trapping for furs in general, which also played a major part in exploration and settling the country, so yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Combine Indian Beaver with Frenchmen and you get French Canadians.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Many people ask why the beaver is represented on the back of the Canadian 5 cent piece.

It is the source of much myth and conjecture.

But the real answer is quite simple .

Because every red blooded Canadian male loves Beaver .

Did, you know that ?  Well, it's true.

Brought to you by CANFACTtm,

The Canadian Facts Ministry.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Many people ask why the beaver is represented on the back of the Canadian 5 cent piece.

It is the source of much myth and conjecture.

But the real answer is quite simple .

Because every red blooded Canadian male loves Beaver .

Did, you know that ?  Well, it's true.

Brought to you by CANFACTtm,

The Canadian Facts Ministry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top