Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 5:19:39 PM EDT
Just watched it. Kinda sucked other than the last 15 minutes. Did anyone notice that Crowe's M4 did not have a mag fence? All the others, as far as I could tell, did. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Semper Fi
ASO544
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
 It was not a bad flick but the last 15 minutes were the best . I rewound and watched that part about 5 or 6 times before we had to return it to the vid store .  Great battle scene .
They should of brought  a silenced sniper rifle though .  Man that lmg on the hill rocked .
Does anyone know , was that a SAW ? IT was sweet .
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
ASO544, cna you elaborate on the mag fence?  I have never heard of that, I am curious to know what it is.  Im sure I know what it is, but I cant place it to the name...

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ASO544, cna you elaborate on the mag fence?  I have never heard of that, I am curious to know what it is.  Im sure I know what it is, but I cant place it to the name...

Thanks
View Quote

The reinforced (or raised) area around the mag release.  To protect against the inadvertant hitting of the mag release.  

The older ARs didn't have this feature and are called "slab side" lowers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 It was not a bad flick but the last 15 minutes were the best . I rewound and watched that part about 5 or 6 times before we had to return it to the vid store .  Great battle scene .
They should of brought  a silenced sniper rifle though .  Man that lmg on the hill rocked .
Does anyone know , was that a SAW ? IT was sweet .
View Quote

Yes, it was an M249 SAW. If you watch closely, you can see the internal BFA light up.

havoc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top