Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 3:04:52 PM EDT
For me it's Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Been going there since the early 60s and I still have a heck of a good time trying to blow up my truck.

The wife can go hang on the beach all day and I can run the truck in the dunes. At night we will both go up to watch the sun set over Lake Michigan.

Just relaxin the whole week without a timetable is my idea of vacation.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sebring, Florida for the 12 Hours of Sebring.  In fact, I will be there 2 weeks from today working corners.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Monterey CA.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Waikiki, HI

or Cozumel, Mexico.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
i like going to florida. Lived there back when I was in the Navy..go back every couple of years just to relax for a few days.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
In the US, a split between Marathon Keys and Sanabel Island... I love the ocean.

In the World, I still like Prague the best followed by Vienna... both beautiful cities.  Its just very calming to hangout in these cities.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The desert Southwest, around southern Utah and northern Arizona.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Kosrae, Micronesia

In the middle of nowhere, everyone operates on "island" time.  Nice beaches with no tourists, virgin reefs, excellent reef fish and tuna.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I just won a trip through work to Cabo San Lucas Mexico for 5 days. I can't wait !!!!   I've checked it out online and ought to be awesome with the offshore fishing, snorkeling, ATV and Waverunner rentals, etc....  on top of the 5 star hotel we are being sent to. I'll definitely have to check out Cabo Wabo while I'm there too.

I'll update when I return......
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
i like latin america, friendly, cheap...great weather.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]
My rifle range.

I'm to poor to afford ammo,boose ,and a real vacation.

I choose the ammo and the boose.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Maui, HI
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Kosrae, Micronesia

In the middle of nowhere, everyone operates on "island" time.  Nice beaches with no tourists, virgin reefs, excellent reef fish and tuna.

I was actually seriously looking at moving there about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My rifle range.

You should try vacation one time to see what its like
Seriously, vacations are great and my wife and I travel as much as we can.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kosrae, Micronesia

Damn, not many people even know where or what that island is.   I am married to a Kosraen, so it isn't much of a problem  for me to live there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm partial to Jamaica, west siiide!

They'll bend over backwards for you and everything's "no problem, mon"

Cheap to get there and the all-inclusives are very nice, if you choose the right one.

I did some time at Couples link in Negril during the 9/11 deal and got stranded in paradise.. not as good as it might seem after 3 weeks, believe me!

10 days to 2 weeks, max.

The best thing I liked about Couples is that there were NO KIDS! No hollerin, no whining, very pleasant!

We will go back, no doubt about it.

just checked the link and wanted to add, get the cheapest room available, there are no ocean views, period. It's Bloody BAY, not Bloody Ocean anyhow.

also, whether you are or aren't, tell them you are getting married. you get lots of free stuff, you can get married again (whoopdie doo), you get free massages and the next time you go back, they'll almost blow you every night. there's no crime in the big resorts really, nice folks too.
one more thing, DO NOT take the bus ride from Montego bay, pay the extra 100 bucks and get  short hop to Negril, WAY WAY WAY worth it! cant stress that enough.

ok, one more thing... if you make eye contact with any black person in shorts only, they will approach you wanting to sell you something, normally pot. Just tell them you're good and they'll leave or make a deal, it is legal afterall.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Jamaica. Cheap flights, travel agents know about the good deals there. Most folks are pretty friendly too.

You have to be ready to go island though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Cheap to get there and the all-inclusives are very nice, if you choose the right one.

I did some time at Couples link in Negril during the 9/11 deal and got stranded in paradise.. not as good as it might seem after 3 weeks, believe me!

10 days to 2 weeks, max.

The best thing I liked about Couples is that there were NO KIDS! No hollerin, no whining, very pleasant!

Jamaica?  Nice beaches, it would be great if it weren't for the .....Jamaicians.  Third world ----hole.  Other places just as pretty with decent people, not stoned beggars.

The fist time, I was at a Sandals.  Great place that kept the locals away from  you.  A few years later, at the cruise ship dock....I'll never spend another nickel in/on Jamaica, mon.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My rifle range.

You should try vacation one time to see what its like
Seriously, vacations are great and my wife and I travel as much as we can.  

I've considered it.

I've thought of going to some dirt poor 3rd world place.

Then I can throw a $20 on the floor and say
"You -and You : Fight to the DEATH ".

The winner gets payed an extra $20 if they can find me some Immodium so
I can survive your food,and an extra $50 if they can get me off this rock without
being kidnapped or killed.

I'll pass.

I saw enough of this world in uniform.
I prefer this nice peaceful area.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

10 days to 2 weeks, max.

Jamaica?  Nice beaches, it would be great if it weren't for the .....Jamaicians.  Third world ----hole.  Other places just as pretty with decent people, not stoned beggars.

The fist time, I was at a Sandals.  Great place that kept the locals away from  you.  A few years later, at the cruise ship dock....I'll never spend another nickel in/on Jamaica, mon.

that's kind of funny, I was wondering why the Sandals folks were always at Couples which is literally next door.. makes sense now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Montana...

Perferably around Big Sky,

Some of the best hunting and fishing in the world surounded by some of the most beutiful countyside in the world.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Kauai (Hanalei Bay), Hawaii  or Beqa Bay, Fiji.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
South of France / Monaco.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kosrae, Micronesia

Damn, not many people even know where or what that island is.   I am married to a Kosraen, so it isn't much of a problem  for me to live there.

And we both live in Georgia.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Hawaii. My parents live there, so I stay for free

Next is Key West
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Scottsdale, Az
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys that say you'd take your family to Jamaica are freaken
insane.

I'd post my story of an event that happened to Americans in
Jamaica a few years back,but everybody hears gonna scream fowl
and demand links,proof,videos ,all that BS.

Anyone hear happen to have been on the USS Iwo Jima  ?
If you have,you heard about it .
In some countries,Americans are a prize to kill or capture.

In Jamaica ,Voodoo sickos pay for captured live Americans.

They don't really want the American ,just a few fresh body parts
for their rituals.

When you choose to flash your $$$$ around in a poor country
where people are starving ,your asking for it.

Remember that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#27]
West shore of Molokai, Hawaii.  Papohaku Beach to be exact.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You guys that say you'd take your family to Jamaica are freaken
insane...

Word.
I worked in a Jamaican neighborhood for many years. Those people have no respect for life or the law, period. I couldn't count how many dead/dying young Jamaican men I've seen following drug related violence or simply plain old disputes over nonsense. Imagine what they would do to you or yours if they found themselves without the constraints of keeping their job at Sandals or wherever.

No fucking way.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to all Jamaicans. I don't want this locked on my account.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I really love going to Las Vegas.
I just got back from my fifth trip in five years and still love going there.
I think it is a great value as long as you don't act stupid and gamble away your kid's college fund.

There seems to be a huge boom in very high end condo development going on there, you know, the ones that Britney, Ben and Leonardo have already bought into without them being built yet.
The people in the know are afraid that it is going to turn into east California at the rate it is going.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Camp Perry during CMP week

and Charleston SC in the spring
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Disneyworld.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I've been to Warren Dunes state park in SW Michigan.  It's a really fun day trip.

I think I might reserve further judgment till I come back from Jamaica, in June that is.

Edit-Also both Disneys.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Am surprised nobody mentioned Hedonism II yet ;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#37]
What the hells a vacation ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Alaska!!   God I love that state.....      
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Greece.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Moab, UT

or

Thailand!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top