Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:43:35 PM EDT
I placed an order this morning at 0600 for a small batch of FN 5.7x28 SS195. The website showed it was in stock and at $19.99/box (for my purchase quantity).

At 1130 I called them just to ask how many boxes they had left in stock. The guy said, "11". I asked if my order in the morning would be processed and he said "I don't see why not".

At around 1800 I get an email saying the ammo was out of stock so my order was cancelled. I checked and the prices increased by $5 for the larger quantity purchase and $10 for the single box price. I am guessing they see the demand and cancelled all of the lower priced orders and will wait a few days so they get a "new shipment' in and sell it at the higher price. I don't blame them since they are running a business,  and they probably reserve the right to cancel any order at any time, but they earned a big -1 in my book!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds sketchy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I never had a problem with those guys.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nor have I
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually I think they increased the prices in the afternoon. However, when I called around 1130 they said they had 11 boxes in stock. My order was sent into their system in the early morning though so they had ample time to process the order.

I had only one previous transaction with them for SS196 and it went smoothly. However, I heard Natchez pulled something like this a week or two ago with SS195, I missed out because they didn't bother to send me the notifications that I requested (when an item becomes in stock again it sends out an email).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a pretty regular customer of theirs (thousands of $$$ of orders) until last summer when they pulled a "bait and switch" on me with XM193 ammo. I had ordered a bunch of XM193 over the years and Natchez sent me an e-mail saying they had "XM193" on sale and gave me a direct link to order...no part number or anything, just a link to order that item. I did, and when it came in, it was loose in bags and was "XM193PD." As we all know, "PD" ammo is NOT the "regular stuff."

Pissed off, I called Natchez and asked why I was sent this ammo and not the "XM193" I had ordered before. We went around and around and I finally gave up and decided to just let it go and remember the experience every time I order more ammo.

Natchez hasn't gotten a dime since.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
11 boxes ain't squat. Probably already sold just not not pulled from inventory at the time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
11 boxes ain't squat. Probably already sold just not not pulled from inventory at the time.

It was about 350+ boxes on the 27th IIRC. 5.7x28 sells faster than hotcakes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Dunno what to tell you.  I got an order from them.....10 boxes of #3 Buck 20 gauge.

I was shipped it on the promised price that was charged.

I'm all those guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Neither have I. Last time I checked they wouldn't ship to Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dunno what to tell you.  I got an order from them.....10 boxes of #3 Buck 20 gauge.

I'm all those guys.

I don't doubt your experience with them, however compare the demand for #3 Buck 20 gauge versus 5.7x28 and you can see how easy it would be to increase profits.
I won't be purchasing anything from Natchez in the future, and apparently this wasn't the first time Natchez did the bait and switch with SS195.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all those guys.

I don't doubt your experience with them, however compare the demand for #3 Buck 20 gauge versus 5.7x28 and you can see how easy it would be to increase profits.
I won't be purchasing anything from Natchez in the future, and apparently this wasn't the first time Natchez did the bait and switch with SS195.

Hey man, do what you want to do.  No harm no foul.  I judge on MY experience.

MY experience is good.  You are going public with youur dispute, which is your right.  
I'm going public too.  Not many places HAVE #3 Buck 20 gauge  (Thanks OP)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Screw Natchez and their territory police. I get dealer pricing at other places for $30/3 years.

Also, since I found out about their territory deal, I have not spent $1 with their dealers. Hey Natchez dealers in ATL, you aren't getting a dime of my business!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
NEWS FLASH:

OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS NOT PERFECT. Somebody was human and made a simple mistake. Now, since I have nothing else to talk about lets run off to the Internet and bad mouth one of the best companies in the business.

Talk about a waste of bandwidth.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Screw Natchez and their territory police. I get dealer pricing at other places for $30/3 years.

Also, since I found out about their territory deal, I have not spent $1 with their dealers. Hey Natchez dealers in ATL, you aren't getting a dime of my business!

They also refuse to ship to TN if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH:

OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS NOT PERFECT. Somebody was human and made a simple mistake. Now, since I have nothing else to talk about lets run off to the Internet and bad mouth one of the best companies in the business.

This was the second time Natchez made this "mistake". The first time they simply cancelled all of the orders. This time they raised the prices first and then cancelled the orders.

I heard that Midway did the SAME thing with their SS195 but I haven't had any bad experiences with Midway out of the 30-40+ transactions I've conducted with them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all those guys.

Hey man, do what you want to do.  No harm no foul.  I judge on MY experience.

MY experience is good.  You are going public with youur dispute, which is your right.  
I'm going public too.  Not many places HAVE #3 Buck 20 gauge  (Thanks OP)

Doing a 15 second search, I found two brands of #3 Buck 20 Gauge IN STOCK at Midway:
HERE, 92 boxes in stock
AND HERE, 39 boxes in stock

I currently do not have a "dispute" with Natchez. I'm going to wait and see if they charged my credit card. A few others had their cards charged and it took a few days to get refunded the first time they made this "mistake".
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The last order I placed with them was 20 boxes of SS192. No problem.

Incidentally, it was also $19.99/box.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The last order I placed with them was 20 boxes of SS192. No problem.

Incidentally, it was also $19.99/box.

That was at least several months ago. Currently the 3 types of ammo available to lowly civilians are SS195, SS196, and SS197. SS192 was taken off the shelves long ago due to the Brady campaign, but not restricted like the SS190 AP.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH:

This was the second time Natchez made this "mistake". The first time they simply cancelled all of the orders. This time they raised the prices first and then cancelled the orders.

I heard that Midway did the SAME thing with their SS195 but I haven't had any bad experiences with Midway out of the 30-40+ transactions I've conducted with them.

Oh my God! TWO mistakes.

If only YOU could be so perfect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That was at least several months ago. Currently the 3 types of ammo available to lowly civilians are SS195, SS196, and SS197. SS192 was taken off the shelves long ago due to the Brady campaign, but not restricted like the SS190 AP.

As I recall, it was the night I surfed onto ARFCOM and there was a raging thread about FN stopping importation of the SS192. So although some other places had been selling it for $17/box, I bit the bullet (so to speak) and bought from Natchez. Now of course I wish I'd bought 2K rounds.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH:

Oh my God! TWO mistakes.

I'm still waiting for a point to your replies in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I've dealt with them a few times with no concern, however I have never ordered anything high demand/low supply.  I wonder if they pull this shit with 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH:

Oh my God! TWO mistakes.

I'm still waiting for yours.

This is not "Internet Bitching" material.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH:

Oh my God! TWO mistakes.

I'm still waiting for yours.

This is not "Internet Bitching" material.

Sure it is... it's poor customer service.

What Natchez should have done"

'We see that you placed the order while there was still available product. Due to a ___ error, we are out of stock. However when it returns to stock, we'll be glad to give you the same price you ordered it at.'

Customer: 'Cool. I'll be sure to praise your customer serice to others'

DONE

David
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also refuse to ship to TN if I recall correctly.

here also those fuckers . O wait .
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I like what they did for me when I bought 3K of XM193 at the start of the year.  I ordered over the net, and within a very nice space of time I got the cases of ammo on the back porch for what they said it was going to cost me.  I just wish I could have ordered 10K worth of XM193.

For my next trick I need some 7.62 x 51 ammo.
If I can’t get a decent price at a upcoming Gun Show I’ll be buying from them again.

They done me good.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I would not have cared much if they told me it was out of stock over the phone, I understand there is a high demand. However, there was enough time in between when I placed the order and when they checked the inventory to have processed my order. In addition, they raised the prices by $5-$10 per box in the afternoon (shown to be IN STOCK according to the website), and then cancelled my order saying it was out of stock. One conclusion I have drawn is that Natchez's inventory system is probably very slow if the person at Natchez checked and saw there were a few boxes left, when in reality they were sold out. Another conclusion is that they take phone orders first before web orders. I know some vendors do this - they download the web orders the next day or at the end of the day and take all the phone orders first. A third possibility is that Natchez saw the demand, cancelled the orders at the $19.99/box price and will wait a week or so to have them "in stock" again and sell them at $25/box (for 5+ box orders) or $35/box (under 5 boxes) effectively increasing profit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:01:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Something that could have happend, is someone ordered alot before you. They are processed in order usually. So basically, say no orderes were processed yet by the time you called, yes they had it in stock, but when the processed orders someone before you cleaned them out. Not all inventory systems are perfect.

Im not backing them or anything, just saying mistakes can and do happen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I can believe that. In all likelihood, vendors are buying out 5.7x28 (they have the financial capability to do so) and selling it with a much higher markup since availability is practically nil. I'll just wait and hopefully Wolf will start producing 5.7x28 within 1-2 years (preferably with dirty powder, cheap steel cases, and in large quantities)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:09:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Natchez has been my supplier of choice for ammo for the past 3 years. I have made numerous orders with them and have never had one single issue. I will continue buying from them in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top