Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:11:31 AM EDT
ok guys i need you help what would be your recommendations be for a good front and back door.

i was thinking steel but not sure.

i have lowes home improvement by me and also home depot nearby.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Use screws in the hinges and strike plates that go all the way into the wood frame.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Use screws in the hinges and strike plates that go all the way into the wood frame.

+1

...and get a 4 screw strike plate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Doors............Get Some!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok wise hineys, what kind of door, my Mom will be home alone and would like to feel safe to leave her alone when I am work.
THe front door is 32 inches so what brand would you recommend. And steel or wood or what?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok wise hineys, what kind of door, my Mom will be home alone and would like to feel safe to leave her alone when I am work.
THe front door is 32 inches so what brand would you recommend. And steel or wood or what?

Don't know brands but get a steel door.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know brands but get a steel door.

ok so i was right with going with a steel door cool.

here is a few of my ideas let me know what you guys think.

www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21702-1728-21702&lpage=none

www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=16030-000001728-16030&lpage=none
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Steel will dent. Fiberglass won't, but is just as secure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Steel will dent. Fiberglass won't, but is just as secure.

hmmm i will go look at the fiberglass ones to.ty for the idea
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
security door
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top