Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 5:58:57 AM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe, I ran a couple of searches and didn't find anything.  I thought it was funny:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...
Bruce Willis loses it at the "16 Blocks" junket. Plus, "Brick" and casting news
Feb. 24, 2006

Perhaps it's his age or maybe it was the two-and-a-half feet of snow that blanketed Manhattan the night before, but Bruce Willis pretty much defined the term "loose cannon" when appearing before the press to discuss his new movie "16 Blocks" a few weeks ago. Warner Bros. had to be a tad disheartened that he didn't spend much time talking about his fine performance in Richard Donner's new thriller. Instead, Willis had a ball discussing a number of other topics, such as politics. Willis has identified himself as a Republican in the past, and before a journalist could even ask for his opinion on recent current events, the star interrupted him to set something straight.

"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question," he says. "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these [expletive] lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm a-political. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."

Willis was so riled up that given more time he might have actually announced his candidacy for something (there's always next time). And yet, Willis wasn't done! Entertainment Weekly just listed "Die Hard 4" as one of the top movies the magazine never wants to see made. Talk about setting someone off...

"Entertainment Weekly hates me. They've hated me since they've been a magazine," Willis says. "[Expletive] them, and you can go and tell them that. Why does anybody hate anybody? Y'know, because they have some beef. Who cares?"

The next thing we know, Willis has segued into a rant about disgraced author James Frey and the dress-down Oprah Winfrey recently gave him on her TV show.

"[To have Frye be] sucker punched on Oprah by one of the most powerful women in television just to grind [her] own ax," Willis says visibly frustrated. "Oprah, you had President Clinton on your show, and if this [expletive] didn't lie about a couple of things, I'm going to set myself on fire right now. James Frey's a writer, he can write whatever he wants. It's shameful how he was treated."

Willis then smartly frames Frey's dilemma in the context of the paparazzi-filled world he deals with every day.

"Have you heard of these magazines called In Touch or Us Weekly or People or any of these types of magazines?" he asks. "They lie about people, and they just make up [expletive] all week long, and you have to sue them to get it changed. I mean, this is the world we live in. They're all [full of] lies, and nobody's yelling at them, so let's leave James Frey alone."

And just in case no one could figure it out, Willis states the obvious. "I'm pissed off today."

After 30 minutes or so of Willis' blunt rants, the Hitlist was left with one indelible image: Willis' longtime publicist, Paul Bloch, covering his face with his hands in disbelief. Bloch was most likely thinking "I pray that they don't print this stuff." Ah, too late...

EDIT: Link
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]
My first post has been edited with the link.  Sorry!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question," he says. "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these [expletive] lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm a-political. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Bruce tells it like it is for the most part.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

That about sums me up too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I alwayts liked Bruce.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I alwayts liked Bruce.

No Expert

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like sombody needs some decaf!

I like Bruce.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#11]
So, is he pro-gun or what? That's all I want to know.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe, I ran a couple of searches and didn't find anything.  I thought it was funny:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...
Feb. 24, 2006

<snip>
<snip>

See red text: What expletive would make sense there?  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Bruce for President, anyone?

HH
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...
Feb. 24, 2006

<snip>
<snip>

shitting?

'Stop shitting on my money and your money'

[expletive]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Willis/Norris 2008
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HH

If he did, he'd get my vote.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Bruce is 'da man!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Willis/Norris 2008

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#20]
[golf clap]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

HH

Bruce Willis for President.

Bo Derek for Vice President.

Clint Eastwood for Nat'l Security Advisor.

Ben Stein for Sec. Treasury.

Arhnold for Sec. Defense.

Ted Nugent for Attorney General.

Fuck it... that's all ya' need right there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bo Derek for Vice President.

Cool.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Good man... I like Bruce Willis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#24]
16 Blocks, eh?

Guess I finally have a movie I want to go see.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Bo Derek Chuck Norris for Vice President.

Now THAT'S MY TICKET!

HH
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...
Feb. 24, 2006

<snip>
"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question," he says. "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year.
<snip>

shitting?

Maybe.  I just can think of one that really makes any more sense that shitting.  Anyone else have a guess.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...
Feb. 24, 2006

<snip>
"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question," he says. "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year.
<snip>

shitting?

Maybe.  I just can think of one that really makes any more sense that shitting.  Anyone else have a guess.

Pissing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top