Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:18:58 PM EDT
The past few months, I have been in a relationship with a female liberal I met, we both attend the same university in Florida. I first met her in august, but only 3 months ago did we begin dating. Only until after that did I find out she was liberal minded.

At first, I believed she was only a liberal because of the environment. All through highschool she volunteered at an animal shelter, mostly for sick or injured wild sea animals. She dislikes the pollution laws in place, which to me is understandable.

She knew I was into firearms since day one. She thought it was "cool" I had them around. That I "seemed to know alot about them, not just using them but their history and as well." I havent taken her shooting yet, but taught her how to hold and aim a pistol.

But she does not believe in an everyday person owning weapons such as I do. It's odd, sometimes she thinks they're "cool" and "neat" but then will become angery question why ANYONE needs something like "that."

This came about, when I showed her some pictures of me in highschool, holding my very first gun, a SAR-1. In my room, at the hip, with a pissed off look on my face. Now, she has played around with this very same weapon, but when I look "like i'm going to shoot up a school" and "scary" it's a whole new ballgame.

and

These two pictures, were a riot to my buddies in 10th grade. Now, to a liberal these pictures make them "feel differently" about me.

The rationale does not seem consistent. Sometimes they are "ok" while other times they "should not be allowed to anyone" with no difference whatsoever!

Then it dawned on me, why she would think this way. Because that is what taught. In the schools, on the news, by word of mouth. It's about being "scared." Not about purpose, or usefulness. It's all about the Image in which it is portrayed.

Obviously, this is nothing new. Most, if not all gun control measures are purely "feel good" measures for the public to feel safe.

But this is just the beginning of what it means to be a anti-gun liberal; Hypocracy and making things up and stating them as facts.

It just doesnt make sense.

This is what is being taught at colleges. We are our own worst enemy somtimes, and i'm really not sure if we cant fight this through votes anymore .

~1BMF

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It just doesnt make sense.

throw logic out the window.  rely entirely on impulse and emotions to make decisions and form opinions.  if it's a ridiculously stupid and entirely impractical concept but a "noble idea" then support it.

that is the liberal mindset.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
With this crowd, feelings will always trump common sense and reality.  You can show them data and proof 'til the cows come home and it doesn't make a difference.

I stopped trying a long time ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top