Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 5:37:56 PM EDT
I figured it was time to get a proper home for my favorites. Five hundred-fifty pounds, about a dollar pound. It's fire-proof, which was my main reason for buying it.

On the shelf-

My most prized posession-my great uncles burial flag from WWI, he recieved a Purple Heart in France. I plan on framing and displaying it in the near future.

My CCW S&W642 in a Kramer horsehide ankle-holster.

Various bayonets and handguns.

Left to right-

Austrian FAL
Yugo Mauser
Swiss K31
11-87P w/Wilson Combat tritium sights
Slightly modified Ruger 10-22
Romanian SAR-1, in the back corner, behind the SOCOM
Romanian SKS
SOCOM-16 w/Aimpoint CompML2x2 on an ARMS mount
Bulgarian AK74
Bushmaster AR w/compact ACOG on a LaRue mount

These pics are just for show. Tomorrow they all go back into their silicon socks.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got some nice toys in that there safe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the combination?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!

Now what is your address?

And does LA stand for Louisiana?  Or Los Angeles?  Or Lower Alabama?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you already need a bigger safe
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks like you already need a bigger safe

+1 - give me your guns to hold on to until you get a bigger safe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice!

Now what is your address?

And does LA stand for Louisiana?  Or Los Angeles?  Or Lower Alabama?

I don't think they would take too kindly to a collection like that in Los Angeles!

My next addition will be an FN FS2000. I'm on the list, just waiting for them to eventually show up. Another addition may be a skeet-gun. I shot clays last week for the first time ever, and I may become addicted!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
sweet ride, Timahhhh
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah!  That's so NOT normal... there's too much room in there for it to be a *real* safe!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Plenty of room! You can put another 10-12 in there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Your guns will smell like feet.  Dr Scholl will set you free.  

Gun socks are unnecessary, as are the pistol cases. That will give you a week or two more time before it fills up.  Start saving for a second safe immediately.  Go ahead and get another one now, if you desire a good paint match.

And.... nice safe!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice shoe racks. I sort my shoes by style and color.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I figured it was time to get a proper home for my favorites. Five hundred-fifty pounds, about a dollar pound. It's fire-proof, which was my main reason for buying it.

On the shelf-

My most prized posession-my great uncles burial flag from WWI, he recieved a Purple Heart in France. I plan on framing and displaying it in the near future.

My CCW S&W642 in a Kramer horsehide ankle-holster.

Various bayonets and handguns.

Left to right-

Austrian FAL
Yugo Mauser
Swiss K31
11-87P w/Wilson Combat tritium sights
Slightly modified Ruger 10-22
Romanian SAR-1, in the back corner, behind the SOCOM
Romanian SKS
SOCOM-16 w/Aimpoint CompML2x2 on an ARMS mount
Bulgarian AK74
Bushmaster AR w/compact ACOG on a LaRue mount

These pics are just for show. Tomorrow they all go back into their silicon socks.

www.tallbill.com/ar15/albums/userpics/10005/normal_Safe_1.JPG

www.tallbill.com/ar15/albums/userpics/10005/normal_Safe_2.JPG

www.tallbill.com/ar15/albums/userpics/10005/normal_Safe_3.JPG

I baught the exact same safe a couple of years ago, and I do love it however it didn't start off good.  I got it home, me and 4 friends proceded to move it upstairs (that is a royal bitch). Got it up to my room, put the shelves in it, loaded it with all my guns then proceeded to change the combo.  Well as I shut the door and turned the brass wheel, I heard a loud clank followed by what sounded like a piece of metal falling.  The wheel then spun freeley. I took the door cover off only to see the locking mechanism had broken.  Well a quick call to the store I baught it from and the store owner told me that cannon will send me the parts but they were closed on weekends but I was more then welcome to bring it back and exchange it. FUCK ME!!!! So I unloaded the mother fucker, drug it back downstairs, back to the gun store calling my friends back up to do it all again....
Anyway no problems since, it has been a great home for my babies.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#13]
sweet
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Me likes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top