Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 3:44:14 PM EDT
I would like to build an UZI, I have seen places in SGN selling recievers and smg parts kits, is there any way(if I got a 16" barrel and modified the F/A parts to semi)to make this work? seems it would be cheaper than buying the whole gun.

Reciever 295.00
Parts kit 195.00
Barrel 80.00
U.S. part 100.00
Total     670.00

Used UZI  900.00-2000.00
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be cheaper, but for the approximately $300-400 in savings you'll lose the nice IMI finish, the IMI name, and the folding stock.  Granted none of those is all that big of a deal (well, maybe the folding stock), but an original pre-ban IMI or even a Group/Vector semi will hold its value better than a cobbled together parts gun.  Again, that may not be a big deal if you plan to just use it as a shooter, but if you ever want or need to sell it, the factory assembled prebans will definitely do better.

My $0.02 - just get an IMI.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of curiousity and with all due respect, if it can't be full auto, why would one want an uzi in the first place?  For that kind of money just imagine what you could get.  Of course everybody has different taste.  I don't mean to offend fans of the Uzi!  My love of the M1A might make lovers of the FAL role there eyes... you get my point...
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy a F/A but the damn state of Delaware says NO NFA at all. Its like Kali. here exect we can have Hi-cap. mags.
This gun is just a shooter and will not be resold. Just want ot make sure before I buy the receiver and parts that it will even work.
Thanks
Badboti
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top