Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 12:54:38 PM EDT
Anybody ever get a chance to ride in one during those Fly-Ins?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No, though I wish I had.  The aircrafts beauty and the legends of its crews are legendary!

Ed
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but I sure walked all the way around it on the tarmac to check it out when we had one land locally a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. It's pretty cool.  I have a pic of the plane from my shop.  I have a pic of  my shop from the plane.  We probably also flew over my house but I missed it.  It seems like a lot of money but it is pretty cool and every history buff should do it.  It is pretty amazing to be sitting in the waist on take off and look overhead and see the CABLES moving back and forth that work the rudder and elevator.  The damn cables are not very big at all !! About 1/4" dia.

I was the last person to move up in the nose and got to fly about 1/2 the flight up there. Very cool. I burned a bunch of film.  

I have an uncle that was a B29 mech in the Pacific during WWII.

rj
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]

AND a B-24 on the same day, btw.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top