Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 12:54:18 PM EDT
How safe is a gun cabinet? I would imagine they are not as secure as a "real" safe, but are they secure enough?  I have seen some listed in Midway for $160-$300, with all sorts of locks and bolts and such. They are a lot cheaper than the $600-$1000 gun safes, so I imagine there must be a reason. The gun cabinets I have seen in their catalog doesn't have glass doors, they look like safes, except they are called "cabinets", and are cheaper.

I just want something to secure my ammo away from the kids, and have some sort of peace of mind about my guns when I'm away.

I'm confused on the subject!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a gun cabinet until I could afford to get a gun safe.

The cabinet is a single layer of steel with a tubler key to secure it.

Every safe I've seen has lots thicker steel and a heavy duty combination lock of some sort.

The safe is better, but the cabinet sure beats nothing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How safe is a gun cabinet? I would imagine they are not as secure as a "real" safe, but are they secure enough?  I have seen some listed in Midway for $160-$300, with all sorts of locks and bolts and such. They are a lot cheaper than the $600-$1000 gun safes, so I imagine there must be a reason. The gun cabinets I have seen in their catalog doesn't have glass doors, they look like safes, except they are called "cabinets", and are cheaper.

I just want something to secure my ammo away from the kids, and have some sort of peace of mind about my guns when I'm away.

I'm confused on the subject!

BINGO !

Lock your guns in a wooden gun cabinet ( or cheap safe ) & they will soon be someone elses guns.

Simple as that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top