Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 12:09:08 PM EDT
having a debate at work with my it guy and he indicated that bushy lowers are no longer dias ready, is this true?

any response will be appreciated, i apologize in advance if this is a dupe.
oh btw what gun did al pacino use in heat? just kidding !!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
this was debated in the tech forum recently without a satisfactory answer IIRC.

tagged for an answer
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand, Bushmaster machines out most of the area that the DIAS would go in, but leaves a “shelf” of metal  in place that prevents installation unless you machine the little bit of excess away.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
gunshow commandos will tell you that they are NOT dias ready.

the real answer is _______________________

i dont know
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought they were DIAS ready, when did things change and if so; why?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
having a debate at work with my it guy and he indicated that bushy lowers are no longer dias ready, is this true?

Not to hijack your thread (and I have no idea about the answer to your question) but you must work at a really cool place.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
just to clarify, we are very gun friendly where i work, in fact i have a sig 220 in my desk drawer, ar-15 in the corner next to my desk, and a benelli super 90 above the back door ready to rock and roll, but its still a job like any other, oh and im in texas
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
just to clarify, we are very gun friendly where i work, in fact i have a sig 220 in my desk drawer, ar-15 in the corner next to my desk, and a benelli super 90 above the back door ready to rock and roll, but its still a job like any other, oh and im in texas

now THAT'S sweet!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to hijack your thread (and I have no idea about the answer to your question) but you must work at a really cool place.  

+1  Taking applications?

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Bushy lowers are DIAS ready.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What the hell does DIAS stand for?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Drop In Auto Sear.  Device that mimicks operation of auto sear in M-16 allowing full auto fire.  Legal, registered, transferable ones run around $10,000 give, or take a $1000.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop In Auto Sear.  Device that mimicks operation of auto sear in M-16 allowing full auto fire.  Legal, registered, transferable ones run around $10,000 give, or take a $1000.

Ahh I was racking my brain trying to figure what it stood for.  If I thought hard enough it would have occured to me but I am lazy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
My RDIAS dropped right in to my Bushmaster lower (Bushmaster upper too), with no modifications, or timing issues.
It's seen many many rounds, and shows no sign of problems.

Get one ,
Mr L.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top