Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 9:19:21 PM EDT
I just mailed off a package to Iraq (somewhere up north) for one of my guys at work.  He is in the Navy reserve and was activated back in August and was sent over to Iraq in January.  Anybody know how long it will take him to get the package?  I hope he gets it before the weather warms up.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
87 Days
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope not
I sent him 3 Under Armor ColdGear long sleeve shirts... he's been complaining about being cold all the time over there and said ihe saw snow for the first time in his life.    

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Last year it used to take almost a month to get there. I used to send my brother inlaw packages every two weeks. sometimes he would get them out of order. So I would say between 3 and 6 unless something has changed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Shortest I ever got a package was 5 days.  Longest was like 2wks...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just mailed off a package to Iraq (somewhere up north) for one of my guys at work.  He is in the Navy reserve and was activated back in August and was sent over to Iraq in January.  Anybody know how long it will take him to get the package?  I hope he gets it before the weather warms up.  

I got an order from Amazon.com in exactly 7 days in January. Usually packages take about 2-3 weeks give or take a few days. Depends on the camp you sent it too also. Our camp only has mail runs Mon/Wed/Fri.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#6]
About 2 weeks, plus however long it takes to move through the local supply chain.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
2-6 weeks is the average, however I have had packages show up in as little as 5 days, and take as long as 16 weeks
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been sending packages to the 101st AB, based at Camp Striker, and they seem to get there in 2 weeks, no matter how I send them (Priority, Parcel Post, or Book Rate).

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top