Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:29:20 PM EDT
Tonight I had an intramural basketball game and about 3/4ths of the way through the second half I notice my legs are going numb (I was playing mind you, not sitting down).

Any reason for this? Why would my legs go numb while I was doing physical activity? This is our 6th game and it's never happened before.

And yes I know, if I'm going to die someone can have all my guns.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Any associated weakness?  Or is it just numbness?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
brain tumor

cancer on your spinal cord

deep vein thrombosis

you're going to die

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Any associated weakness?  Or is it just numbness?

Nothin' felt weak. I was tired from playing a long game but other than that nothing....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You're gonna die, send me all your guns
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
orthopedics.about.com/cs/backpain/a/sciatica.htm

Yup.  Vulcan nerve pinch.

Don't be surprised if it goes from numbness to some really unpleasant pain.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you diabetic?

SBG
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
OMFG you're already dead! you're a zombie and you dont even know it
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tonight I had an intramural basketball game and about 3/4ths of the way through the second half I notice my legs are going numb (I was playing mind you, not sitting down).

Any reason for this? Why would my legs go numb while I was doing physical activity? This is our 6th game and it's never happened before.

And yes I know, if I'm going to die someone can have all my guns.....

Exertional compartment syndrome.  I had a four compartment fasciotomy last june to correct my left leg.  Only the doc will know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had a four compartment fasciotomy last june to correct my left leg.

Ouch!

When my dad had his heart attack they did that to all four of his limbs. It was not a pretty sight.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are you diabetic?

SBG

Negative.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a four compartment fasciotomy last june to correct my left leg.

Ouch!

When my dad had his heart attack they did that to all four of his limbs. It was not a pretty sight.

All four limbs! That's brutal. The tests alone are a PITA. I may have to have my other leg done when I recoup my sick leave. My scars are pretty wild and I'm still trying to de-sensitize my leg.  It sucks, but the pressure is gone and there was only a little damage to my peroneal nerve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top