Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:31 PM EDT
On regular english TV!!! The commercial has been on 2 different channels! Unfrigginbelievable!!! Why would someone that could not speak english be watching a movie in english and why do I have to hear a commercial in spanish!!!??!?! My grandfather came from greece and actually learned to speak english.

I can't even find the words for comments.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck, my calc teacher is from Athens and she can at least speak and understand English (even if we can't understand her...)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Que? No habla ingles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the commercial is working.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If you think that is bad you should spend some time in southern Arizona.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Maybe just maybe some people actually have 2 languages and the marketers decided to make sure they got their audience who watch English television as well? Just a thought. Seems like good old American capitalism to me. I am having a hard time seeing the problem. Many who speak Spanish and English actually watch BOTH, heck most watch mainly English TV shows.

Looks like intelligent marketing to me.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably is worried that he'll eventually have to learn Spanish. I no longer worry, as I have learned the requisite knowledge needed to live in the future US.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
They've been running on local TV here too.

I do not like it, not one little bit.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Todo está mierda.  Si se vive en la USA, se debe hablar inglés.  Si no hablas inglés, aprendalo o vayase!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting.

They have yet to stoop to that level in Arizona yet...

Although there are 4 Spanish only channels...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My advice is to settle down and stop having such a hissy fit.  It's okay, it's just a commercial.  They generally last, like, 30 seconds or so; if you don't like it, go get a beer or something, and when you come back, something completely different will be on.

If you get this hysterical about a commercial, I'd hate to see you in a really serious situation, say, under hostile fire or something.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
On regular english TV!!! The commercial has been on 2 different channels! Unfrigginbelievable!!! Why would someone that could not speak english be watching a movie in english and why do I have to hear a commercial in spanish!!!??!?! My grandfather came from greece and actually learned to speak english.

Welcome to the occupation.

I don't mind we have local spanish channels, I can live with it.

What pisses me off to no end is seeing Ford commericals IN SPANISH on my local NBC affiliate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Que?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#13]
SAC?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the occupation.

I don't mind we have local spanish channels, I can live with it.

What pisses me off to no end is seeing Ford commericals IN SPANISH on my local NBC affiliate.

The times are a changin`. We have done away with assimulation, and taken on catering. It isn`t going to prove to be a good thing for the country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top