Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:23:26 PM EDT
      I am thinking about taking a naval scholarship. I  want to fly planes. Im pretty confident I will be selected. Is there a future for me in avation if I want to stay in the northwest (Idaho, Montana, WYoming?)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
if you're flying military, you won't be staying there, but if you're refering to once you get out, there is a good chance you can find something.

not sure how the navy does it, but in the AF, flying is a 10 year service commitment AFTER your 1 year of training.  keep in mind this is a LIFE CHOICE, and not just something to do on a whim
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if you're flying military, you won't be staying there, but if you're refering to once you get out, there is a good chance you can find something.

not sure how the navy does it, but in the AF, flying is a 10 year service commitment AFTER your 1 year of training.  keep in mind this is a LIFE CHOICE, and not just something to do on a whim

I mean once I get out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Fly Navy.  Don't look back.  Think about the rest later.  Pilot or not, don't ever put all your eggs in one basket.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fly Navy.  Don't look back.  Think about the rest later.  Pilot or not, don't ever put all your eggs in one basket.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I understand you have to move around and be able to do a wide variety of tasks in order to earn enough money to live on.
You don't get into aviation to get rich, that's for sure.

DF has got it right.  If you go to fly, pretty much the major carriers are out for a good 10-15 years or so.  I'm a mechanic at the airline in my name, however on 31 March I'm getting laid off and moving to IN to chase a job up there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top