Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 2:43:07 PM EDT
I have been watching Farscape the last few weeks. My local library has all four seasons, and the final movie Peacekeeper Wars. I just finished season two disk one and two. Some of the things they got away with are kind of shocking like the quote...

John Crichton: What are you doing?
Chiana: I'm having sex with three Hynerian donkeys. What does it look like?

When I heard that, I sat in stunned silence for a few second then busted up.

I have found myself really getting into the show, and am kind of sorry it's not on anymore.
Claudia Black doen't hurt either!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorite scifi show. Can't believe scifi canceled it and went with idiotic programs like 'scare tactics' and their lame 'scifi original movies'. Blah.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Farscape was awesome.  The writing was fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the things that make the show great, are the little things Crichton says. Little slang terms and the like.

Aeryn Sun: She gives me a woody.
[no one says anything]
Aeryn Sun: Woody. It's a human saying. I've heard you say it often. When you don't trust someone or they make you nervous, they give you...
John Crichton: Willies. She gives you the willies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One of the things that make the show great, are the little things Crichton says. Little slang terms and the like.

Aeryn Sun: She gives me a woody.
[no one says anything]
Aeryn Sun: Woody. It's a human saying. I've heard you say it often. When you don't trust someone or they make you nervous, they give you...
John Crichton: Willies. She gives you the willies.

That's the thing that sold the show for me. Watching a Sci-Fi show that uses references to all the other Sci-Fi were used to watching and then some.

"That's no moon. It's a Bu-Dong!"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Farscape was awesome.  The writing was fantastic.

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Supposedly, Farscape is still on the air with new episodes in Australia, just the Sci-Fi channel is run by a bunch of complete idiots.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Supposedly, Farscape is still on the air with new episodes in Australia, just the Sci-Fi channel is run by a bunch of complete idiots.

That would be hard to do, since the star of farscape is now on stargate SG-1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys must be hitting PCP or some other psychedelic drug

You'd have to be to understand that show

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Great show sucks that there are'nt any new episodes. just keep watching reruns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
  Big fan here. . They all looked out for their shipmates  even though they weren't really crazy about each other.

The writing was great and the acting was even better.

When you saw an alien it was a big freaking accident of nature by the Henson creature shop, not just another b-list actor with some sort of cosmetic forehead appliance

They killed a lot of stuff with a lot of cool weapons.

The women were hot.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the best damned shows ever to grace the television.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
  Big fan here. . They all looked out for their shipmates  even though they weren't really crazy about each other.

The writing was great and the acting was even better.

When you saw an alien it was a big freaking accident of nature by the Henson creature shop, not just another b-list actor with some sort of cosmetic forehead appliance

They killed a lot of stuff with a lot of cool weapons.

The women were hot.

A decent script
cool weapons
Hot chicks

What's not to like.

Sci-fi channel is run by farking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A decent script
cool weapons
Hot chicks

What's not to like.

Sci-fi channel is run by farking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone mention hot chicks ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I just finished the series the other night, and am kind of sorry it's over.
Damn good show.
I wish they wouldn't have made Sikozu a Scarran spy in the Peacekeeper Wars, I really liked the character. Somehow I felt Scorpius wasn't as bad as they made out at first.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I was deeply in love with the bald blue chick, Zhaan (Virginia Hey).

I just looked at her bio... I didn't realize she was the chick with the bow ("Warrior Woman") in The Road Warrier... later killed on the tanker truck.

au natural

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
hell yes, it was a kick ass show, none of the usual sneaking around pansy ass shit and running away / losing every fight.

Chricton starts out wimpy and evolves into a badass. Crew member captured? none of the usual scifi show BS about noninterference, beating up the natives etc. They go in the front door with guns blazing. Something nasty on the ship? no lets communicate with its beacuse its just  natural that in need to kill us/ hijjack our ship etc. Its find it and frelling kill it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
A little blue kink never killed anyone.

I was a little pissed when they killed her off though, and I really disliked her replacement Jool.
Everytime she screamed, I wanted to choke her.
One of the things I really liked about Crichton was that he didn't like killing, but would do it if it needed to be done.

Like the the final installment Peacekeeper Wars, where he agonized over the use of the wormhole weapon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]

The funniest episode has to be when an alien weapon "switches" them into each others' bodies, and Crighton gropes himself when he's in Aeryn's body - and she catches him doing it.

His response: "Come on!  They were right there!"

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Farscape good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I was deeply in love with the bald blue chick, Zhaan (Virginia Hey).

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/62/Pa%27u_Zotoh_Zhaan.jpg/180px-Pa%27u_Zotoh_Zhaan.jpg  www.virginiahey.com/images/Morepics006.jpg

I just looked at her bio... I didn't realize she was the chick with the bow ("Warrior Woman") in The Road Warrier... later killed on the tanker truck.

www.virginiahey.com/images/WW-4.jpg

au natural

www.virginiahey.com/archives/Candle-headshot-bio-page.jpg

I was lucky enough to meet (and get an autograph from) Ms. Hey at one of the local Comi-Cons a few years back.

She is Very Much like her character in that she is very "eastern" in her spirituality, soft spoken, and quite pleasant to talk to!
She is also still quite nice on the eyes!

It was nice because she was not being mobbed by lots of fans (I'm not sure anyone knew who she was) and I got to talk to her for about 5 min or so. I'd have talked longer, but didn't want to be "Stalker-Man"!

Overall a very nice lady & pretty hot in person!!!

Tall Shadow

Now if I can only meet Claudia Black!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]
John: I'm not a warrior.
Noranti: You carry a weapon.
John: Second Amendment.

"Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack."

ETA:  I remember watching the the very first episode on its original airdate.  Thought like many did.... "WTF?!?  Muppets in space.  Screw this."

I was DEAD wrong.  Came back to the show after it went to SciFi and it's in my Top 5 SF shows ever.  I didn't want it to go away either but Peacekeeper Wars was a BRILLIANT wrap up to a phenomenal show.  While the show *could* be continued it didn't *need* to be.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I loved that show. The Peacekeeper Wars was probably the best TV minseries ever IMHO. Even better than the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I loved that show. The Peacekeeper Wars was probably the best TV minseries ever IMHO. Even better than the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries.

I loved TPKW. I wasn't so pissed about SciFi ending Farscape as I was about how they ended it, without closing up the storyline. TPKW did a fine job of 'ending' the show.

And I can't be the only person that was rooting for the Peacekeepers...

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Greatest SciFi Show Ever!!!

[John Crighton]"Put your hands up!!! Or I'll fill you with...little........orange...bolts...of ......light"[John Crighton]

From the 1st show I was hooked...a sci-fi geek was born

It had everything...comedy,  hot chics,  great F/X,  Killing, Translator Microbes,  Wynona (1&2) and most of all SEX!!!
John Creighton impregnated half the races of the outer territories,  hell he got more poon than Kirk and wipped out entire planets/drednaughts/civilazations while being pursued by the coolest of baddies...ie Scorpious, Bilair Crais and the Scareans all in an hours show.  

The "Peacekeeper Wars" was excellent,  

John Crighton was the Chuck Norris of the Outer Territories.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Original Cast

And what other show on tv has cool weapons that'll do this

That's gotta Hurt

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I gotta get all of Farscape on DVD. Because I don't get the Sci-Fi Channel at college, I missed the last half dozen episodes or so and the entire Peacekeeper Wars thing. It truly was one of the greatest shows to ever grace television.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I heard good things about this show a couple of years ago, since I don't have cable I had to buy the DVDs.

I just finished Season 3.

Time to buy Season 4!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I happened to stumble across this show on UPN. Repeats naturally. Looked halfway decent. Unfortunately it's damn expensive to buy the show on DVD ($93 a season is the cheapest I could find). I don't do downloads, so it may take me forever to actually see the whole thing, assuming UPN runs the episodes in order.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I happened to stumble across this show on UPN. Repeats naturally. Looked halfway decent. Unfortunately it's damn expensive to buy the show on DVD ($93 a season is the cheapest I could find). I don't do downloads, so it may take me forever to actually see the whole thing, assuming UPN runs the episodes in order.

I lucked out on that, my local library has access to all four seasons and TPKW. I just wish I would have watched them slower. That way they would have lasted longer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I honestly cried at the end of season 4.

I just made me feel so horriable.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The funniest episode has to be when an alien weapon "switches" them into each others' bodies, and Crighton gropes himself when he's in Aeryn's body - and she catches him doing it.

His response: "Come on!  They were right there!"

That was teh best episode. they kept switching bodies, and when rigal was in johns body and askes how to go to the bathroom.

"point it like a gun and shoot"

also crackers dont matter was a great episode.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Farscape was by far the best SciFi show on.  It's a shame they ended it, but at least they did so with a good ending.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Farscape was refered to as Stargate on drugs...

Well... If Stargate SG1 is the new Farscape. Then Stargate Atlantis is turning into the new Enterprise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I honestly cried at the end of season 4.

I just made me feel so horriable.

Some of the saddest episodes were the ones with the old near death leviathan named Elac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top