Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:20:07 PM EDT
Does anyone have pictures of private lawabideing citizens carrying weapons in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, prefferably in New Orleans?....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
there was a picture of Sean Penn carrying a shotgun.  I saw it in the motivational poster thread with a "hypocricy" tag line
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
there was a picture of Sean Penn carrying a shotgun.  I saw it in the motivational poster thread with a "hypocricy" tag line

he lives in NO? isn't he a felon?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd bet a Google would get you what you seek.

You, like many have a real mis-perception of what NOLA
and other areas were like.

MS, where I was (Mostly)...It was CCW..Or open carry.  

It was assumed ifyou went looting in that property, you were gettin dead.

NOLA......Ok..I understand people...outsiders...(I was one...still am, but, know what I saw)..The trouble happened in the city.  In the "Suburbs" the Parrish Presidents said....."F'You."....We're shutting this Parrish down."

It involved alot of random deputizing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

the fuckers took that gun away from her!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/pcsutton/z9591281.jpg

Yup..I know. But she was a law abiding citizen. I hope she wins a huge settlement!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the fuckers/JBTs took that gun away from her!

Edited it for you.  That video pissed me off.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup..I know. But she was a law abiding citizen. I hope she wins a huge settlement!

I second that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
There was one cool one posted here- Looked like a guy sitting down in the French Quarter holding a FAL outside a business.

ETA also a long post about a guy evacuating with his wife. Had pics in his apt of an AR. IIRC
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
You can try a search on the NRA site fro more pics.  Here is the video link to the old lady getting pushed around and her firearm stolen.  http://www.nraila.org//news/multimedia/Player.aspx?ID=61
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
How about a BB gun that will break your skin and give you a nasty infection?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Does anyone have pictures of private lawabideing citizens carrying weapons in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, prefferably in New Orleans?....

what do you want them for?

I have a ton of them - but it'd be a pain to dig them all up.

If it's for some worthy cause (i.e. school project or something), let me know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the fuckers took that gun away from her after bumrushing her and taking her down like a linebacker sacks a QB!

JBT fuckers!!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Here are some nice guns here.

Poor gal, she looks upset.  Wish I could have been there to comfort her.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HOLY SNACK-TRAYS!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad loaded up my guns and defended our homestead, I was in Iraq at the time.

I had a picture of him with my interceptor on and helmet and PVS14s. I cant find it though. He and other people in my area set up 24 hour patrols and watches.

Here he is tempting looters to come and get it:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Found it

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#20]
A buddy of mine was down there with a clean up crew when the SHTF and he ended up guarding a hospital for about a week to keep Lootie away from the residents and the drugs.  His boss gave him a 1911 and he spent several nights up on the roof guarding the goods.  He ended up getting fired when everything cleared because the company doesn't allow employees to carry while on the job.  His boss said there wasn't anything he could do about the rules and bought him a bus ticket home.  Pretty screwed up deal...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what do you want them for?

I have a ton of them - but it'd be a pain to dig them all up.

If it's for some worthy cause (i.e. school project or something), let me know.

Both curiosity, and to maybe use in a website i've been building, they would be used to highlight citizens useing there weapons to defend themselves, it'll be awhile before it's up though....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics Rusted,your dad seems cool.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
If it wasnt for the "new media" the internet - we would not know half the SHT that went on in N.O - the "old media" would of blacked it out
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Found it

img515.imageshack.us/img515/5697/guardduty19eplarge6rh3fk.jpg

RustedAce  :   holy crap  ,   did any of the gand bangers during the flood try any SHT with your dad ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuckin libtards...  Can't decide which side of the table they are going to cry from.

http://gullyborg.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sean_penn_gun_2.gif
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fuckin libtards...  Can't decide which side of the table they are going to cry from.

gullyborg.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sean_penn_gun_2.gif

Hey, that looks like the same gun i got... no fair...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

W.T.F.  --- is that a real photo of sean penn with a gun ??? ----  why was this not all over the news channels ? ,   ---  OH YEA i forgot , a commie with a gun good -  a conservatave with a gun bad -
A hollywood commies life is worth 1000 of us little people - i guess  --  SEAN PENN is only a nieve liberal with your life & gun rights -
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#28]
TAG They Are AT WORK
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

W.T.F.  --- is that a real photo of sean penn with a gun ??? ----  why was this not all over the news channels ? ,   ---  OH YEA i forgot , a commie with a gun good -  a conservatave with a gun bad -
A hollywood commies life is worth 1000 of us little people - i guess  --  SEAN PENN is only a nieve liberal with your life & gun rights -

FOX News had the sean penn story , it was Oriely, or Hannity and Combs? They had the story of SP borrowing a boat, and he and his camera crew, and publicty people, were going to rescue people, because Pres. Bush wasn't getting the job done. They had great footage of his boat sinking right after he put in, and he and his crew being rescued by the  real rescue crews, they made a good point of making  him look like an ass, and basically getting in the way. the problem was they didn't show it enough. No different then him going to Iraq, he is a lib publicity hound. Damn shame he didn't have a AD, but I bet there were no shells in his gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FOX News had the sean penn story , it was Oriely, or Hannity and Combs? They had the story of SP borrowing a boat, and he and his camera crew, and publicty people, were going to rescue people, because Pres. Bush wasn't getting the job done. They had great footage of his boat sinking right after he put in, and he and his crew being rescued by the  real rescue crews, they made a good point of making  him look like an ass, and basically getting in the way. the problem was they didn't show it enough. No different then him going to Iraq, he is a lib publicity hound. Damn shame he didn't have a AD, but I bet there were no shells in his gun.

FOX news , yea , my point - why not the rest of em ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, ect.-- but Sean Penn gets a pass , WHY ?--these same news outlets love to demonize "lone right wing white males with guns" - i disagree with you that his gun was not loaded - as he is not as stupid and nieve as you think - like the rest of the commies out there - they think they are the eliete ruling class and the rules dont apply to them
with respect to guns & every thing else
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
My dad loaded up my guns and defended our homestead, I was in Iraq at the time.

I had a picture of him with my interceptor on and helmet and PVS14s. I cant find it though. He and other people in my area set up 24 hour patrols and watches.

Here he is tempting looters to come and get it:

img522.imageshack.us/img522/8990/lawyersgunsandmoney4gu.jpg

Hell I'd've been tempted!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Ive been down here pulling contract work, and have had the chance to go to several different gunstores. One in Gretna, 6 miles from downtown, is a Money trap. They had good firearms, but their lowest price for a base glock19 NIB was $595. No night sights.
Gretna gun werks

1)Bravo: for having quality guns.

Boo: for having too much mark up. 25$ armags, 595$ glock 19s, Bushmaster ar15 a4 $995,
$595 su-16. Etc Etc...

2)Bravo: for having a gun range.

Boo: You can only become a member if you buy a pistol from them, and because theyare selling somany firearms post Katrina they have suspended that rule, and closed the range.

3)Bravo: for preventing straw sales

Boo: For telling a young woman (Black) " No that there is a 45acp glock 21. It too much gun. I wo'nt sell that to a woman. I will only sell her .380 or a 9mm. She can not even pull the slide back on a gun that big." Said with dripping distate for the race.

4)Bravo: for having fine colectables.
Boo: for having tags on them that say not for sale.
You would think they would get normal prices, and enjoy the profit.

WTF?
And the best is a sign that reads
" Transfers cost $50 or 10% of the blue book value of the weapon. Which ever is more."

Now on the other side of the coin in Metarie:

The Shooters Club, 501 David Drive, Metairie, LA 70003. Phone: 504-733-1295

Great little gunshop and range. If it is busy you have to wait in-line for the three bay range, but they have good prices, and an excelent selection of new and used equipment. Rifles and pistols are a standard 10% - 15% profit margin.  They have LOTS of highend pistolas, and ARs pluss SKS, Aks Etc.

I went today, and got two Serpa holsters I wanted for 82$, and some extra ammo for my makarov. Had a great time, and found nearly all prices matched what I would pay online. So go save the cost of shipping and get your gear there.

And On a Monday afternoon I saw three Glocks being sold in less than two hours. And Lots of people in the store. So the Louisiana  public in  general is never going to be under gunned again. Glad to see them opening their eyes, and arming themselves.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, but will they allow themselves to be disarmed next time?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
There were some pictures/articles in the Nov and Dec 2005 issue of American Rifleman.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:24:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

images.snapfish.com/34642%3C283%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3269%3E587%3E347%3EWSNRCG%3D323355%3B6%3A636%3Anu0mrj

ROFL.... ! She probably hasn't had a bath in a week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#38]
TAG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top