Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
I've had an account at SigForums for a year or so. I just went to log-on there and it said my account has been suspended. The only thing I can think of is they saw a post I made a few weeks ago on AR15.com where I said the Sig Forum moderators were control freaks. It was in a thread here on AR15.com where a bunch of people were talking about all the gun forums that had ass_clown moderators.

Anyone one else been banned from Sig Forums?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of em.

don't own a sig either  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
this post is likely to get me banned from sigforum as well. doh!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is as you say, I guess they proved your contention.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
we don't care what happened to you on the other board

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm one of the "good" members, come to think of it, I registered years ago around the same time (+-) I have had my ARfcom username.

The SIG forum folks are like the Humvee.net, Ferrari and Lambo forums crowd, quite a lot of older and more serious group of people.

I only visit the forums when I have to PM a few members, make a few posts and whatnot....

Good luck.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
What took so long?

Far as I'm concerned, being a member in good standing of SigHeilForum is an indication of poor character.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh come on, you think they kicked you off for that? Mail their admin and find out what's going on.

Honestly... I do think they kicked me off for that. The only other forum that has bigger ass_clowns for moderators is 1911forum.com.

I just emailed them and asked. I'll let you know what they say. Maybe it was an honest mistake on their part.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've had an account at SigForums for a year or so. I just went to log-on there and it said my account has been suspended. The only thing I can think of is they saw a post I made a few weeks ago on AR15.com where I said the Sig Forum moderators were control freaks. It was in a thread here on AR15.com where a bunch of people were talking about all the gun forums that had ass_clown moderators.

Funny how the only thing they are doing is proving your very point....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
never been to the sig forum, but if they're anything like the sig owners i have run into at the range, they have a SERIOUS holier-than-thou attitude.

nothing like having some rich dentist with a sig look down his nose at my beretta.  I just outshoot him and shut him up quick
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
HAHA that's funny..... yeah I don't post much on there because of the attitude I've seen..... Don't care for it.

SIG vs beretta?

I'll take the beretta. I've personally owned both, my elite 2 beretta 92g(costs the same as the 226) outshot the 226 hands down. Made the sig 226 look like a bitch. on top of that, I had my former sig 226  jam on me before and the beretta on the other hand just keep on going. For those who are going to bash beretta and are devote sig owners, I'd look before I leap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I never had much use for Sig Forums.  They can go ahead and ban me too if they read this.
That said, I love my SIGs...  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]
They're OK over there. Not the kind of guys I'd go shooting with and have a beer afterwards but they know alot about Sigs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the club.

I got banned 2 years ago due to some kid who decided I was an easy mark and launched a serious personal attack on me. I mean like 7 or 8 really inflamitory attacks to me.

I sent an email to the stupid kid asking him to tone it down, that the internet was not untraceable and that spouting off and threatening me would be taken seriously, no matter if his parents knew about it or not. That he could be tracked back to his IP and that I *could* find him if I wanted.

I guess the staff is about 10 years old as well.

I have zero time to waste on them or the idiot posters.

The place is a waste of bandwidth and a good domain name.

Where is that middle finger smiley at???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're not a control freak, you shouldn't be a moderator.  There are too many undisciplined people on the web.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny how the only thing they are doing is proving your very point....

That's often the way with this kind of thing it seems.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I quit visiting the site awhile back.

I didn't have any problems with the mods or anything like that... it was a real PIA trying to read the message boards.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow...I'm a member of Sig AND S&W, and parabellum owns both.  Never had an OUNCE of trouble, and they are very well run-no b.s.-sites.

To each their own I guess.

I love both those boards.

HH
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag for cause of banning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been a member of most of the oldest online forums since '98, and have never been booted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I didn't have any problems with the mods or anything like that... it was a real PIA trying to read the message boards.

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/sig.JPG

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Which proves your statement to be true..long arms that banned you for violating their terms of service on another board. Amazing.

Control freaks...yessir, they are.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Your from Texas, maybe they think you are Calvert1???????
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey, I have never had an account there....and I'm banned.

WTF?

I've NEVER posted or registered there. When I tried to register it said my email addy was banned.

I emailed they asking what was up and have yet to recieve a reply.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

WTF?

I've NEVER posted or registered there. When I tried to register it said my email addy was banned.

lol, pre-emptive banning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What you do outside or ar15.com is your own bidness. Don't ask, don't tell.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh come on, you think they kicked you off for that? Mail their admin and find out what's going on.

Pointless. Trust me.
I know quite a few good people who have been banned from there (myself included) who have little or no idea why.

I'm one of them too.
No reason, no explanation and no response to repeated emails.
Piss on em.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Pre-Crime!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Only time I ever had a problem with them, they had banned an IP range because someone with a similar IP had been causing them trouble.

I emailed them, got reinstated shortly afterwards.

NTM
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Wow...I'm a member of Sig AND S&W, and parabellum owns both.  Never had an OUNCE of trouble, and they are very well run-no b.s.-sites.

To each their own I guess.

I love both those boards.

HH

+1   Never a problem, and I'm there quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#35]
The whole 556 fiasco really made them look like 10 year olds.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Probably like that M14 firing line place, where if you even give the appearance of controversy, or privately question the admins, you will get the lock PDQ.

Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Pre-Crime!!

I'm such a trouble maker ,I guess my reputation is internet wide now.

I wonder where else I'm "preban"ed from.

But seriously. How the fuck could they ban my email address when I never registered before?

Anyboby from over there know?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
we don't care what happened to you on the other board

+1
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pointless. Trust me.
I know quite a few good people who have been banned from there (myself included) who have little or no idea why.

IIRC, I got banned for trying to get people to write their legislators to seek the sunset of the AWB.

I'm a real revolutionary trouble maker I guess.

SigHeilForums suxxor.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Update: Sig-Forum has not responded to my inquiry about why I was suspended.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I was inolved in a nasty discussion here a while back. And moderators from other boards were watching. Dude, I got hella banned before I could even join other boards. Sig, calguns and a couple others blacklisted my ass wit a quickness.    
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly... I do think they kicked me off for that. The only other forum that has bigger ass_clowns for moderators is 1911forum.com.

I just emailed them and asked. I'll let you know what they say. Maybe it was an honest mistake on their part.

+1

I started out at 1911forum and got tired of one shit-for-brains moderator in particular.

Sigs, WTF?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been ostracized as well...  

Quoted:
Your from Texas, maybe they think you are Calvert1???????

you have to be from there, in order to know that
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Probably like that M14 firing line place, where if you even give the appearance of controversy, or privately question the admins, you will get the lock PDQ.

Fuck that place.

Exactly. You kiss his ass and your o-k. Go against the grain and you are gone. No need to read the book 1984, just go spend some time there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
never been to the sig forum, but if they're anything like the sig owners i have run into at the range, they have a SERIOUS holier-than-thou attitude.

nothing like having some rich dentist with a sig look down his nose at my beretta.  I just outshoot him and shut him up quick

yeah i never understood that WTF its a $800 pistol its not like a 100K car
I ran into one too a few years ago at the indoor range he was looking at my Makarov kinda hard
I asked hey yeah wanna shoot it ? he was shooting a P229
he gave me kinda snortty laugh and said no , I then asked well how about my Wilson and whipped my classic super grade from the range bag

you are a sad small person if you derive your worth by owning better stuff than other people

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

Oh damn, NOW that is some funny shit.....  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:42:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I guess I can say this now, and it doesnt matter. To me, it started to seem like everyone was a bunch of liberals who just happened to own guns.

My read is they were a bunch of Europeons. Just a hunch....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What took so long?

Far as I'm concerned, being a member in good standing of SigHeilForum is an indication of poor character.

Not necessarily.

You can also be a member in good standing if you have made like 3 posts over there in your entire life.

Like me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top