Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, this "Civil War" that's just now news has been ongoing
for centuries.

Dude, the lefty press got it's marching orders, and,
all the sheep are running right along with the "Civil War"
talking point.

According to USA today on Friday, we were supposed
to be having civil war over there as of today.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's already there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly, this "Civil War" that's just now news has been ongoing
for centuries.

Dude, the lefty press got it's marching orders, and,
all the sheep are running right along with the "Civil War"
talking point.

According to USA today on Friday, we were supposed
to be having civil war over there as of today.

thats true but the facts seem to actually be pointing that way now. I honestly think it may be a real possibility if things continue as they are now.

Could be.  

The only thing holding them back before was that if anyone
stepped out of line, Sadam would kill them, thier families, thier family's family,
all thier dogs, and, burn thier houses down.

Then he'd do the same to the next town over.

Civil war might just be the best thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The different factions have been killing each other for a long time.  Their civil war has been going on for decades.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I think they will rattle some sabers and it will be over by next week.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#8]
These folks have been Murdering each other for Centuries all in the name of?,expect more of the same Here and they will without regard Murder in the name of?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
As stated, going on for a long, long time now.
Once the US pulls out shit will devolve rapidly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think they will rattle some sabers and it will be over by next week.

Yep, as soon as the bosses get paid off, it will quiet down.  The same way congressmen stop complaining about a bill as soon as their district gets a big new federal office or highway.  Everybody needs to get paid.

G
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
we need to partition the country. Fuck what Turkey thinks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I told y'all we shoulda bombed Iraq flat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#13]
So many various opinions on what we should've or should do and so many various outlooks on the situation.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not sure really pissing off the only muslim country that is halfway civilized (with a basically secular society) might be the best idea at this point of the GWOT.  If Turkey goes to war against an independent Kurd nation, it's REALLY bad news, since the U.S. had treaty obligations through NATO.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure really pissing off the only muslim country that is halfway civilized (with a basically secular society) might be the best idea at this point of the GWOT.  If Turkey goes to war against an independent Kurd nation, it's REALLY bad news, since the U.S. had treaty obligations through NATO.

I'd be fine with Turkey slugging it out with the Kurds. I don't think that conflict would escalate to the point that it would requre our involvement. (And I don't think our NATO obligations apply if Turkey is the aggressor)

Shia and Sunni are not going live side by side, regardless of how long we have a presence.

But we're in it now, so we have to figure this out.

Do we have a plan?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
. The outside influences have really stirred the pot. Iran will step in .

Dude,  Iran has been stirring the pot before we got there. They have had people on the ground in Iraq as long as we have. Al-Sadr is an Iranian paid lackey.   This is why it has been so hard to get a handle on this 'insurgency'. It's not an insurgency, it's an Iranian subversion.  Don't let anyone tell you the Shites and Sunni's can't work together. For common cause they can [ common cause being the destruction of Israel and the USA ].

rj
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#17]
There are not enough Kurds and they know it. Their best bet is a strong democratic Iraq.  With a long spell of peace THEN the kurds might get somewhere. Unfortunately they have the same problems of being a tribal people. Graft, corruption, etc which holds back real economic growth. Ends up being more like a mafia run thing instead of a gov.

rj
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think it's a matter of "if", but rather a matter of "when".

You have 3 groups of people who despise each other, and have been killing each other for centuries.  If it doesn't happen now, it won't take long after we leave for it to happen.  Their "democracy" will pass some law or resolution that favors the dominant party and the other 2 will go berserk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#19]
the idea that this place is fucked up because Iran is "stirring the pot" is retarded.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top