Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:35:28 AM EDT
So this guy came to see me about a job today, and mentioned that he had spent some time in the military. In the conversation, I casually asked him what he had done in the .mil, his reply was that he was a mechanic/sniper.  Shooting rats around the motor pool maybe?  Oh no, he went on to tell me how he spent lots of time in the middle east rescuing hostages, working with the KGB and the Israeli Army.  Said that from his team, which never had more than 18 men, they buried 72 guys in Arlington in 5 years.  He said his DD214 shows that he left the Army as an E-3, but that was because he was involved in black ops the .mil is protecting him.  Is there anyone here who thinks that this guy is for real?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
He's a ninja.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that guy...his resume should also list Beanie Baby & Jerky Sales at various gunshows.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn, that's pretty good. Most mechanic/sniper stories aren't as elaborate.

Good point.

He's in the clear, I think
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Beside FOS, At best they burried too many, at worst, why was he not one of them. I dont think I could have held back from slapping this guy silly.
Sometimes I sit back and think id love to spend one day in the head of these poeple. It is always something.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Guy at work always bragged about being a Marine
He'd puff his chest out and play the tough guy
Finally one day I confront him "Hey what did you do in the Marines ?"

He paused looked at the ground and muttered " I was a clerk "

Well at least he didn't lie
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
What kind of place do you work at? Black ops, eh? Do any former Special Forces guys actually call is "Black Ops?" Sounds too Play Station to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Send him up to the prison, they'll hire him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#10]
So, ya gonna hire me?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#11]
That guy aint even worth a bitch slap. Now, that's bad...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#12]
What kind of job is it?  Those type of skills ( lying ) might work out if he is going to sell used cars, cell phones, or demoncrap politican.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#13]
No mention of being a space shuttle door gunner huh?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No mention of being a space shuttle door gunner huh?

Those guys are listed as E-5's to keep the cover story straight!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Mechanic sniper you say?

"STAY AWAY FROM THE CANS! HE HATES THE CANS!!!"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh, that's rich.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#17]
A guy I knew from High school just recently got back from MCRD.  I remember him being a total douche, one of those know-it-all pussy crybabies.  I saw him around town a while back, while he was on his 10 days leave, and said hello, tired to be nice and all.  

I asked him what his MOS was, and where he was going to school after MCT and whatnot, and he told me that since he got the highest marksmanship award in his platoon, he got extra training and they went ahead and made him a scout sniper.  It was hard for me to keep a straight face during this entire conversation, because he was in his alphas at the time, and he was a pizza-box marksman.  I just didnt say anything.

When I saw the local recruiter a couple of days later, he told me that he was an 01something (personnel and admin).  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Ask to see his space shuttle door gunner patch. Only real deal guys get those. If he doesn't have one then I say he's FOS.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What kind of job is it?  Those type of skills ( lying ) might work out if he is going to sell used cars, cell phones, or demoncrap politican.

Logging industry (iirc), asshat like that would get someone killed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I love these stories. I once had a guy maybe about 22, in the local Gaylan's (like a bass pro or gander mountain)  tell me He was a Marine and took home is issued Glock 23 because they forgot to sign it out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Bwahahaha. Him being a mechanic in the marines is believable. I have a cousin who joined the marines and became a mechanic.

He prolly added the sniper bit in to try to impress you. If he was a sniper he wouldnt have said anything about being a mechanic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So this guy came to see me about a job today, and mentioned that he had spent some time in the military. In the conversation, I casually asked him what he had done in the .mil, his reply was that he was a mechanic/sniper.  Shooting rats around the motor pool maybe?  Oh no, he went on to tell me how he spent lots of time in the middle east rescuing hostages, working with the KGB and the Israeli Army.  Said that from his team, which never had more than 18 men, they buried 72 guys in Arlington in 5 years.  He said his DD214 shows that he left the Army as an E-3, but that was because he was involved in black ops the .mil is protecting him.  Is there anyone here who thinks that this guy is for real?

Well when I was a Navy SEAL drill sergeant back in Afghanistan in 1988 winning my purple star and silver heart, there were lots of black ops guys floating around in ninja outfits.

In fact, he will most likely have to kill you now that he has talked to you.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Guy at work always bragged about being a Marine
He'd puff his chest out and play the tough guy
Finally one day I confront him "Hey what did you do in the Marines ?"

He paused looked at the ground and muttered " I was a clerk "

Well at least he didn't lie

Being a Marine ain't all that easy, no matter what you do.

What did you do in the Marine Corps?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I am a mechanic/sniper too.

Actually, I shoot on a marksmanship team as an additional duty, it involves some coaching, range officer and other duties as well as shooting.  I'm not a Ranger or SF guy or SEAL, but quite a few real Ninjas shoot a hell of a lot better after spending the day with me.  

Ask the moron something basic, like MV of M118LR or a class date for ninja school.  It is always good for a laugh.  One of the guys was on Pakistan last fall and told a reporter he was a space shuttle door gunner.  I had never heard that one, but he laughed until he blew milk out of his nose, he thought it was funny as shit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top