Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:38 AM EDT
i need some info on that scope, 3rd gen, 3rd knob, thanks all, it came on a gun i bought, no book,
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i need some info on that scope, 3rd gen, 3rd knob, thanks all, it came on a gun i bought, no book,

You didn't pick up that M1A at Shooters Svc's, did you?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
na, it was a custom savage
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
na, it was a custom savage

Good. Because if it was, I was going to direct you to another thread

I was looking at picking up a M!A from an individual here in the area, he wanted way to much for it. I asked about the scope, it was the SA one you posted, and I found here through the archive and some others that the scopes do not do a good job holding Zero, at all. And I should get rid of it if I plan on seriously shooting it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#4]
With all the bad rumors circulating about the worthlessness of Springfield scopes,
I was very impressed with the one I used a couple weeks ago that was attached to a fellow ARFCOMers' .50 cal Armalite. I loved it. Not to mention he has had no problem with it and it IS attached to a scope eating .50 cal BMG rifle. I was only shooting 300 yds, but making headshots.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
yea, we shot it for the first time yesterday and i found no problems with it. could easy stack 5 shots in the same hole at 100, and just a little over that at 200 with the auto rangfinder, i dont have any complaints so far, just lookin for more info about the scope itself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#7]
no, i guess they are having a problem with certin pieces. does anyone have the booklet? or any better info?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no, i guess they are having a problem with certin pieces. does anyone have the booklet? or any better info?

Call Springfield and they will gladly send you one at no charge.  I haven't been on their website in a while, so I don't know if they have put manuals on the site, downloadable.  Personally, I still like to have the booklet.

As far as the scope is concerned, I think they're just fine.  I like the level feature, and I like the idea that the rangefinding works at all magnifications.  MAybe you can't drive nails by using the scope as a hammer, maybe you can.  I don't see any problems with them, other than possibly some individual lemons which you can have with almost anything, in normal, even tough conditions.

Yes, I had one, so I speak from experience.  No problems, but I just don't use the long range any more - getting too old with hands not as steady.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#9]
wow, stumped arfcom?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
With all the bad rumors circulating about the worthlessness of Springfield scopes,
I was very impressed with the one I used a couple weeks ago that was attached to a fellow ARFCOMers' .50 cal Armalite. I loved it. Not to mention he has had no problem with it and it IS attached to a scope eating .50 cal BMG rifle. I was only shooting 300 yds, but making headshots.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/pcsutton/DSCF0001.jpg

Hey! Who's that hillbilly shooting my gun?

That's my Armalite with a SA scope and its done a great job for a couple years and a few hundred rounds. I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you want to know?  I have one, also on a .50 and it's held up fine.  I'm not sure where the manual is right now but I will find it.  It's just a folded up piece of paper, not a lot to it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
really all i want is an explination of everything on the glass for my dad to read over. i dont think he will have a problem understanding the range finder, but all the rest of the stuff as well as what size battery i need for the inlu. sorry, not very good at explaining myself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#13]
The battery is a 3 volt CR2354P, I couldn't find one and ended up ordering one from Batteries Plus.  It's hard to explain the reticle without a picture.  Above each crosshair there is a bar with squares on the end.  The bar is 24" so if you are shooting at something you know is about 24" wide you us the crosshair that is the same size as your target.  The squares are 3", the actual crosshairs are 12", and the long bar under is 36".  I don't know if that makes any sense.  Oh and it is a little 4 page booklet, I forgot that I copied the rangfinder illustration to carry with the scope.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The battery is a 3 volt CR2354P, I couldn't find one and ended up ordering one from Batteries Plus.  It's hard to explain the reticle without a picture.  Above each crosshair there is a bar with squares on the end.  The bar is 24" so if you are shooting at something you know is about 24" wide you us the crosshair that is the same size as your target.  The squares are 3", the actual crosshairs are 12", and the long bar under is 36".  I don't know if that makes any sense.  Oh and it is a little 4 page booklet, I forgot that I copied the rangfinder illustration to carry with the scope.

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top