Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
got into the post and read a few lines of it, but computer screen locked up.refreshed it and it wanted me to tell them a little about myself.

could you copy and paste article.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Jail reshuffles inmates in flap over gums
Accused jet thief placed in cell with dentist

By JOHN GHIRARDINI
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 02/27/06

A Gwinnett jail inmate whose dental health issues have pitted his parents against Sheriff Butch Conway now has access to a dentist 24 hours a day.

On Friday evening Daniel Andrew Wolcott became a cellmate of a Dacula dentist facing murder charges in the death of his wife.

"I had him moved to a cell with Bart Corbin," Conway said Sunday. "[Corbin's] trained in dentistry, and if there are any complications, they can advise the medical unit. [Wolcott] just had his wisdom teeth out, so I think it's a good thing he's in a cell with a dentist."

Wolcott, 22, is awaiting trial for allegedly stealing a $7 million private jet in St. Augustine, Fla., in October and flying it to Briscoe Field in Lawrenceville.

He's been in jail since then in lieu of $175,000 bond. He faces charges in Florida and also may be subject to federal charges.

Wolcott's parents, Scott and Diane Wolcott, have been at odds with Conway since November over dental floss not being allowed in the jail.

They say their son's inability to floss caused him to develop gingivitis and gum pockets, which if left untreated could become full-blown periodontal disease.

The sparring culminated last week with a series of scorching e-mails and phone messages Scott Wolcott sent to Conway demanding immediate action on the issue or the sheriff's resignation.

Now, Scott and Diane Wolcott say putting their son in a cell with a dentist who can't practice his profession is no solution.

"This appears to be a very bad inside joke on someone's part," Scott Wolcott said Sunday. "I feel I have legitimate concerns that deserve to be addressed and resolved, not just brushed aside or made the brunt of someone's strange sense of humor."

The younger Wolcott, who goes by Andrew, was taken from his unit by a pair of sergeants Friday evening and brought to Unit K, according to his parents and Conway. There, he and Corbin were assigned to Cell 104.

Corbin was transferred from his original cell on the second floor of K pod. The third man in 104 is being held on a probation violation, his jail booking sheet shows.

Other inmates in K pod face charges ranging from aggravated assault and kidnapping to armed robbery and rape, according to jail records.

Scott Wolcott reiterated Sunday that his concerns are not simply for his son, but for any and all inmates who pass through the detention center.

A plan to carry small floss picks in the jail store late last year was abruptly canceled, the Wolcotts said.

"The Supreme Court has ruled that we don't have to provide floss to inmates," Conway said Sunday. "We're not breaking new ground here."

"I'm taking on a very serious health care issue, and I don't appreciate Sheriff Conway making a joke out of it," Scott Wolcott said. "I don't think the Georgia or American dental associations would find it very funny, either."

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
"Watcha in for?"

"I stole a Corporate jet...flew it up to Georgia"

"Sure you did"

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
"I'm taking on a very serious health care issue, and I don't appreciate Sheriff Conway making a joke out of it," Scott Wolcott said. "I don't think the Georgia or American dental associations would find it very funny, either."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Damn! Now that's comedy gold!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Annnnnnnd That's what I like about the Sowwwwwwwwth!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]

They lost their consititutional right to floss when they broke the law!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#8]
it seems like it is time mommy cut the apron strings on her felon son who probably doesn't brush anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Too funny.

If my kid was in jail I'd be more worried about his ass than his oral hygine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Come on, would they complain if a prisoner chocked their son with his own dental floss? Some people are just stupid!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Like they bother to floss when they are outside.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I just don't understand some people, as was pointed out before, they should be worried more about his anus than his teeth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Some folks just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#14]
forget the dental floss, im just impressed that this guy is a year younger than me, and stole a fricken jet worth 7 million fricken dollars!  smart kid to be able to fly such a thing but, what was he planning on doing with it when he got there??
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait wait wait, dental floss in a jail with murderers, rapists, and gang members??? I say give 'em the Dental Floss and let Natural Selection take over.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI, in a pinch the plastic tear-strip on a cigarette pack wrapper can be used as field expedient dental floss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top