Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:21:52 PM EDT
Well after having done my oil change and got the work rig washed and cleaned, decided to have a nice day out with the family.. we went to a local strip mall where my kids LOVE to go to.. now as you exit the pet store, if you go LEFT, there is a used book store. Reading is my wife's passion. If you go RIGHT there is a gun store... guess who's passion THAT is?

With me so far?

So we leave the pet store and my wife takes the kids to the book store and I go to the gun store. Now they know me there pretty well and when I walk in and talk to the salesman, I said I was interested in the new 10/22.. like this:

So I asked him, can you get the paperwork done quick before my bride walks in? He said "Sure, no problem" we fly through the paperwork, Pay for the rifle, Start to finish the DROS but all these finger fuckers were there asking to see this gun and that gun.. I was sweating bullets.

(Disclaimer: Now my wife isnt anti gun... she is anti-fill-the-house-up-with-more-shit)

We are almost in the home stretch and what do I see? My son running up to me... "dadda dadda see my new book?"

My wife walks up behind him and sees the DROS paperwork on the counter.

Her: YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER GUN??
Me: No.... Honey (as I am holding my son) .... ITS FOR HIM!!!! When he gets older!!! YEAH... THATS IT!!!
Her: But I thought you wanted to buy an "Upper"
Me: No... an upper isnt a gun dear... its a 'part'
her:
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What was your plan if you bought the gun before she arrived?  To sprint to the car and stuff it in the trunk under the spare tire?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The beauty of building ARs, you just buy parts so it does not count as a gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What was your plan if you bought the gun before she arrived?  To sprint to the car and stuff it in the trunk under the spare tire?

stuff it down his pant leg and try to explain the limp
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, try telling your wife to pay the three layaways you've got going while your gone for 90 days. I mean... well I am making more money, but the look she gave me when I said three.....

My testicals are just now returning to normal size.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh you are lucky, you live in a NON California state... I have to wait now 10 days to pick it up. You see that is a "Cooling off" period. Which is so friggin dumb if you already own a firearm. I can "understand" if it is the first gun you buy but if you already own a firearm, what good is a "cooling off" period?

Now when my 10 days are up, I just stop on by while I am working. Hey at least I dont have to sneak it in. Not that I have to ... she knows every purchase made.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, try telling your wife to pay the three layaways you've got going while your gone for 90 days. I mean... well I am making more money, but the look she gave me when I said three.....

My testicals are just now returning to normal size.

DUDE!!! I FRIGGIN SNARFED MY WATER WHEN I READ THAT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

... I have to wait now 10 days to pick it up. You see that is a "Cooling off" period.

because we all know criminals run out and legally buy guns all the time in fits of rage!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... I have to wait now 10 days to pick it up. You see that is a "Cooling off" period.

because we all know criminals run out and legally buy guns all the time in fits of rage!

Actually "NO" its not for the criminals. It was designed for the jealous hubby/BF/Wife/GF that busted their S.O screwing someone else. They know damn well the criminals can (and DO) get their guns illegally.

Problem was that one woman wanted a gun for self protection because she KNEW her husband was violent. Even though she had a RO on him, she knew that wasnt gonna stop him. She had to wait the 10 days... I think it was either day 7 or day 8 of her waiting period, her husband kicked down the door and fatally stabbed her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Problem was that one woman wanted a gun for self protection because she KNEW her husband was violent. Even though she had a RO on him, she knew that wasnt gonna stop him. She had to wait the 10 days... I think it was either day 7 or day 8 of her waiting period, her husband kicked down the door and fatally stabbed her.

FL has the 3 day waiting period for handguns, but if you have filed a complaint with the PD about somone threatening your life, you are exempt from the waiting period.

of course, FL has significantly better gun laws than kommifornia to begin with, but i just wanted to point out how easy it is to save lives with GOOD laws
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh man.......

For your son, ya right, you want the 10/22 to shot the spiders on your wall.... ok I have to say it, everybody now, Man thats just WRONG, Wrong man........

I also cant get over your new sigline, I dont know if I shoul dlaugh or go start my truck....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
her:

fridge, that is the best dialogue of all time! hall of fame right there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
You shoulda told her that buying a 10/22 was the smoker's equivolent of  the patch.  

"Baby I was gonna surprise you but since you walked in I'll just say it... I'm trying to quit buying guns but everyone I talk to has warned me about going cold turkey.  They recommend gradually tapering down from .223 to .22 and so on.  It doesn't always work, in fact the average person trying to quit buying guns will make 6 or 7 attempts before meeting with success; the key is to keep trying.... it ain't gonna be easy but I'm doing it for you baby - heh heh heh".
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Busted alright!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
10 days?????
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
funny as hell
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
10 days?????

Yup, for any type of firearm.

Heck, you can only buy a handgun every 30 days here too.

Not that any of that has ever been a problem for me.  I'm lucky if I can swing one gun deal a year.  Now if I win this NRA sweepstakes though...I'd be waiting about 4 months before I could walk home with everything.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh man.......

For your son, ya right, you want the 10/22 to shot the spiders on your wall.... ok I have to say it, everybody now, Man thats just WRONG, Wrong man........

I also cant get over your new sigline, I dont know if I shoul dlaugh or go start my truck....[LOL]

Oh man... Now THAT is just wrong!!! Wrong man!!!

I am waiting for the bride to get up in the AM and read this.. I am SURE she will have a comment or two...

or three or four....

or five

OH OH OH!!! I almost forgot... didnt help that the guy behind the counter was trying to help me by telling her now she has license to go get what she wants... Thanks man!!! Now she's gonna want a Rolls Royce or something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
her:

fridge, that is the best dialogue of all time! hall of fame right there.

thanks... but that is how it HONESTLY went... HEY.. an Upper ... TECHNICALLY IS a part right?

RIGHT?????????????????????????
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
10 days?????

Yup, for any type of firearm.

Heck, you can only buy a handgun every 30 days here too.

Not that any of that has ever been a problem for me.  I'm lucky if I can swing one gun deal a year.  Now if I win this NRA sweepstakes though...I'd be waiting about 4 months before I could walk home with everything.

I remember when they passed this dumbass feel good law... My wife and I were watching the news and they said "The new law makes it mandatory that a person can buy only 1 gun a month"

I looked at my bride and said "One gun a month? I only buy one a year... OK I will TRY to buy one a month ... hey after all its the LAW"

She said 'Nice try'
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I had to try to explain to my wife that the M4 kit that I ordered form J & T wasn't a gun, she still say's it's a gun.  

Well it is now that I added a RRA lower.
Is DROS still $25 in Kali?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:09:48 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL! Ha ha ha, you dumb ass!

I got busted today too.

I was cleaning one of the FALs today, and the wife walks in and says, "Are you just about done? I thought we were leaving to get takeout?"

I said, "Okay, screw it. No rush, I have to clean the other two anyway."

She said, "Other two? I thought you said you only have one FAL?"

Well, I did have one. And then I had three.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Just put some gun racks on the walls, so she has no excuse about them taking up space...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I have the exact same Ruger 10/22.  It's a great little .22LR.  Mine has a 3X9 variable scope and is super accurate.  

Nice choice for the boy.    

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:04:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh you are lucky, you live in a NON California state... I have to wait now 10 days to pick it up. You see that is a "Cooling off" period. Which is so friggin dumb if you already own a firearm. I can "understand" if it is the first gun you buy but if you already own a firearm, what good is a "cooling off" period?

Now when my 10 days are up, I just stop on by while I am working. Hey at least I dont have to sneak it in. Not that I have to ... she knows every purchase made.

When I was out there, there was a 15-day waiting period for handguns only, IIRC. You could buy all the rifles and shotguns you wanted and take them home with you. This was pre-Brady; the Brady Bill called for a 5-day waiting period, which was superceded by the existing California law, at least for handguns.

I'm glad I got out when I did. I know, look where I am now.    I've been watching those threads like the one where the guy is asking about Tennessee, and I have the chart with the different state NFA regs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:20:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Man I don't know....tough call here.  While Dr.Fridge may be in possession of his own testicles, appears his wife has a firm grasp of them

You know you've gone over the edge when you tell the wife "I bought it for YOU".....been there done that
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:44:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FL has the 3 day waiting period for handguns, but if you have filed a complaint with the PD about somone threatening your life, you are exempt from the waiting period.

of course, FL has significantly better gun laws than kommifornia to begin with, but i just wanted to point out how easy it is to save lives with GOOD laws

No shit? I was not aware of that... interesting. I wonder how often that loophole is exploited.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I can just see the new Florida "loophole"!

"Honey, the gun store has this FiveseveN on sale.  I really want it in time for Christmas.  Would you mind cracking that screw-top bottle of wine over my head, so I can get a restraining order against you?  I promise I will drop the charges," says the savvy man.

He arrives at the gunstore, black eye and all.  The salesman says, "Hey buddy, I will give you an extra $50 off, I see you worked hard for this one.  I'll just need your state ID, pistol permit, NRA card and your latest restraining order."  Husband hands over all the requested documents.  "Um, no buddy, thats LAST MONTHS restraining order, when you bought the new Kel-Tec PF-9, I'll need your LATEST order."

"Sorry about that.  Hey, thanks for the quick sale.  See you next month.  Spring training is coming, so I will probably have to get hit with a bat by my wife for that purchase."
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So I asked him, can you get the paperwork done quick before my bride walks in? He said "Sure, no problem" we fly through the paperwork, Pay for the rifle, Start to finish the DROS but all these finger fuckers were there asking to see this gun and that gun.. I was sweating bullets.

(Disclaimer: Now my wife isnt anti gun... she is anti-fill-the-house-up-with-more-shit)

We are almost in the home stretch and what do I see? My son running up to me... "dadda dadda see my new book?"

My wife walks up behind him and sees the DROS paperwork on the counter.

Me: No.... Honey (as I am holding my son) .... ITS FOR HIM!!!! When he gets older!!! YEAH... THATS IT!!!
her:

So if you did complete the purchase before your wife showed up, what was your excuse going to be?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#30]
they have gun shops in Malls?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

even if I dont KNOW what they are...thats how the lower got here....
He walked right past me with it.....I had no clue what it was...some hunk of ugly metal is all I saw
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

her:

but my point was....
if you dont buy the 10/22, you can afford the upper sooner......

Besides this one will just end up claimed by dfd anyway just like the last 2 purchases....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just put some gun racks on the walls, so she has no excuse about them taking up space...

then I have to look at the things....bad enough our major bedroom furniture is a safe for ammo
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

her:

but my point was....
if you dont buy the 10/22, you can afford the upper sooner......

Besides this one will just end up claimed by dfd anyway just like the last 2 purchases....

MrsDrFrige---> <--DrFridge

you have been owned DrFridge
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

strip mall...
has used bookstore, gun shop, reptile store and archery shop....
oh and a payday advance place
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer buys Marge a bowling ball for her birthday, of course it has "HOMER" etched into it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#37]
That's so nice of MrsDrFridge to let the Dr have possesion of his testicles. My wife keeps them tucked away in a jar. "Only to be used on special occasions."  Well at least they are warm were they are.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I feel ya bro.

Back in about mid-marriage for me a few years back, we werent poor, but we weren't rich either, just had enough do get things done smoothly. So, one day while she wanted to visit with her mom all day, I jumped in the truck and headed out to my favorite gunstore "just to look, you know". So, I'm in there and I'm eyeballing the Colt 1991A1s that they had on sale for around $400. It was too good a deal to pass up so I said those fateful words, "I'll take it". I slapped down the credit card and figured it would be no big deal as I had some OT coming in on the next check.

So, on my way back to her Moms house, the truck broke down on the interstate. Luckily, there was a shop close enough for me and some good semaritans to push that sucker into the garage. They take a look at it and decide that they can fix it, no problem, they have all the parts and everything. But...it was around $300. to get it done. So, I called the wife and told her I had to get the truck fixed. Seeing how upset she was about the $300, I didn't dare tell her about the other $450 (you know, tax, extra Wilson mag, etc) that I had ALSO spent since the last time I saw her.

I didn't know whether to laugh about it, but I was pretty amused with it for a couple days until she found out about the gun. Believe it or not, she wasn't pissed, just shook her head....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol that 10-22 is taller than the Doc LOL had to man
long live CARDOZA HIGH SCHOOL
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

then I have to look at the things....bad enough our major bedroom furniture is a safe for ammo

You sound just like my wife!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will say, in my attempt to twart the purchase.....
since the "werent you going to buy an upper?" didnt work,
I tried, werent you saving up to buy a garand so you can use the stacking feature?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Love the 10/22, sweet little high cap carbine.  Have a stack of 25 rd mags for mine and have a red dot on it.  Love em.  Excellent all purpose survival rifle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cooling off....Dr. Frige....

Didn't you just tell them who you were?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

strip mall...

That would be Turner's on Brookhurst.

Tempted to buy a crossbow yet?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strip mall...

I think he has one
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#47]

+1  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will say, in my attempt to twart the purchase.....
since the "werent you going to buy an upper?" didnt work,
I tried, werent you saving up to buy a garand so you can use the stacking feature?

Ooooh good idea!!! But I need THREE garands to use that feature...

THANKS FOR THE GO AHEAD!!!

You guys are my witnesses!!! Sheeeeeeeeee said it!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#49]
You need to move buddy, I can go to wallyworld and buy a 10/22 and take it home in about 10 minutes
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

strip mall...

I think he has one

No.... Not......... Yet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top