Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT
As I've posted before, our new dog "Gus" has settled in nicely to our family.  

His history is that he was born?sold in Spearfish, SD by a "breeder", as told by the vet, then brought to the pound by the owner because he was too hyper.   A young woman picked him up from the shelter, but had to give him up due to going active military.   We got him from her; that is his story.

I'm kind of curious if he is papered.    I forgot to ask the young woman if she had any papers on him, but she had all of her things packed up, so I don't know if it would have done any good.   She didn't even give us any of his toys.    She told us that she would be out of touch for a while, and has not replied to any emails that I have sent her.

I doubt he is registered, but many people who have seen him have told me that he is one of the most beautiful German Shepherds that they have seen, including another breeder, and now we are kind of curious.   Not that it really matters, he is the best dog I could of ever hoped for, but is there any way that I could check to see if he is papered?   I know that his name has not changed from person to person, but if he is papered, I doubt it is his registered name, probably just a nick-name.  

Anyone have any ideas of how I might go about checking?  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked to see if he is chipped?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have you checked to see if he is chipped?

Yes, he was chipped, I think, by the shelter where he was left by the first owner.  We have paid to have the info updated showing our address.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That is Fine Looking GSD!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is Fine Looking GSD!

Thank you.  

People keep asking me if he is papered, and I honestly don't know.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top