Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:34:28 PM EDT
Massachusetts Protecting the Rights of Target Shooters!

Friday, February 24, 2006

H.4552, “an Act Protecting the Rights of Target Shooters,” has passed the House of Representatives.  H.4552 is the “Precision Sports Legislative Reform Bill,” which will protect the rights of target shooters in the Commonwealth.  This bill now has moved onto the Senate. This proposal would create a new definition in Section 121, Chapter 140, for “Single Action Revolver.”  

In addition, H.4552 would exempt any “Single Action Revolver” and “any firearm solely designed and sold specifically for formal target shooting competition,” from the testing requirements in Section 123 of Chapter 140.  NRA-ILA and the Gun Owners Action League are urging all of their members to contact their state Senator and ask them to pass H.4552 with no amendments, as soon as possible.  

For further information concerning your state senator, please go to http://wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.php and look at the reference for Senator in General Court.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
good luck, but it seems like it doesnt do much to protect other guns, and the next move will be the anti's saying "we gave you that bill, now we want _____"

I think it might be a waste of political capital
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It's Massachusetts
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
good luck, but it seems like it doesnt do much to protect other guns, and the next move will be the anti's saying "we gave you that bill, now we want _____"

I think it might be a waste of political capital

a huge +1...its a waste of $ and time
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Dieter, anything pro gun is good, and wasting $ and time shouldnt be a concern, since that's the politcal gain.

The more pro-gun laws, the merrier, and all freedoms aren't going to be given back all at once. Inch by inch. Maybe massachusetts can be headed in the right way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering that several very high-end target-only .22 pistols can't be sold in MA, this bill is a baby step in the right direction.

I just left there, and was constantly shaking my head at the idiocy of the gun laws.  My memory's a little hazy, but this is about as close as I remember:  Let's see... a gun has to have a certain number of "safety" features like a heavy trigger pull, hidden serial number, loaded chamber indicator, etc. to be sold.  Gun companies must supply firearms and foot the bill for the destructive testing.  Oh, and they also have to be on the Attorney General's list of approved guns to be sold anyway.  Want to sell a used gun?  Drop it 6 feet onto concrete to prove that it passes a "drop safety test."

You can have standard capacity magazines >10 rounds if you have a Class A license for weapons.  You may not have >10 round mags if you are a resident of Boston.  Your Class A license may or may not allow you to carry concealed, depending on the local government's attitude (that's assuming they issue the discretionary license), but it will allow you to purchase handguns.  You may purchase pepper spray provide you have a Firearms Owner's Identificaton card, which is not the same thing as a Class B license that allows you to purchase certain...  

Get my drift?

It's so nice to be back home.  Don't none of you now think about movin' to this here state, now.  We're all crazy rednecks with nuffin' to offer yous Californee and New York City types.  We aint got no Nordstrom or Saks or them other hifalutin' fancy dressup places.  All us hicks done growed up wif a shootin' gun in our hands.  My mamma said we don't need no fancy book learnin.  Now git off'n my property afore I hafta shoot you.  (Rack shotgun slide at this point.  Spit a chaw of tobacco for extra credit.)

Translation: Too many liberal Californians moving in & trying to make this into a mountain version of their state.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
United Machine Gun shooters Association of Mass?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top