Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:57:37 PM EDT
Monday, February 13, 2006
SPECIAL REPORT RELEASED: Jamaat ul-Fuqra Training Compound Inside the United States

13 February 2006: “We see children – small children run around over there when they should be in school. We hear bursts of gunfire all of the time, and we know that there is military like training going on there. Those people are armed and dangerous. We get nothing but menacing looks from the people who go in and out of the camp, and sometime they yell at us to mind our own business when we are just driving by. We don’t even dare to slow down when we drive by. They own this mountain and they know it, and there is nothing we can do about it but move, and we can’t even do that. Who wants to buy property next to that?”

Jamaat al Fuqra, a terrorist organization founded by Sheik Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani, the Islamic cleric Daniel Pearl was attempting to interview when he was kidnapped, and a group that has been linked to over two-dozen murders and fire-bombings inside the U.S., maintains active training compounds inside the United States. Perhaps the largest - and their operational headquarters, is situated on 70 acres nestled in a remote and heavily secluded area on the western edge of the Catskill Mountains in New York state, about 40 miles southeast of Binghamton, NY.

***INVESTIGATIVE REPORT ISSUED*** (Continues below)

The Politics of CP has partnered with the Northeast Intelligence Network on a special investigation of Jamaat ul-Fuqra and their US headquarters compound in New York. You won't want to miss this!

MUST READ: See my full archive of posts on Jamaat ul-Fuqra as well as my previous posts on this location:
Fuqra Headquarters: Hancock, NY
Exclusive: Document reveals clues about investigation of NY Muslim compound prior to 1993 WTC attack

Be sure to listen to Doug Hagmann's Homeland Security Weekly Podcast that will be made available later tonight - February 13, 2005 for information about terrorist training taking place right here in America. Are terrorists being trainined near you? Indeed... more than a mere possibility. Investigations performed by actual investigators... don't miss it.

For detailed investigative findings of the threats we face - many that never make the news, subscribe to the HQ-INTEL ALERT Private Intelligence Report.

Click here for FULL INVESTIGATIVE REPORT (PDF)

posted by CP | Permalink  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread on this last week or two.  Check with the guys in the NY/NJ forum about the status.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Great, pictures, can I stay home now?

Man, I was about to ask if you'd been accounted for.

Any word from Marcus?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
how about somebody issue a complaint - "They shot over in this direction!"

since there doesn't seem to be any accountability (my company had a complaint filed against them, when I asked from who: "I'm sorry sir we don't keep that information") and given how little seems to be needed to issue a warrant the police can go in and check things out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Local TV News Looks at Jamaat ul-Fuqra

An alert reader (Update: Snarking Dawg has given permission to be acknowledged as my source) from New York writes that his local WNYW-TV FOX 5 News did a report on the “Islamberg” Jamaat ul-Fuqra compound near Hancock.

I just wanted to let you know that our local Fox news affiliate in NYC just did an extensive report on ‘Islamberg’ in upstate NY. Here is their website, WNYW-TV Fox 5 News, although there is nothing on it about the report just yet.

I wish I had known it was coming on so I could have taped it.

The reporter walked into the camp with a hidden camera. The place looked pretty barren with a few beat up trailers. There was a schoolbus which looked like it had been shot up. The reporter encountered 2 black Muslims who were actually kind of friendly. They said they did have guns and occasionally shot them off when celebrating weddings. Yeah right. The report mentioned the financial problems one of the leaders was having and how the IRS had confiscated his business.

The reporter confronted him with the recent internet report from the Northeast Intelligence Network… they laughed and said it was all a product of the Jew media. They also hinted that 9/11 was a part of some larger Jewish conspiracy. They brought up the tired misrepresentation that the Air Force was ordered to stand down on the morning of 9/11, apparently to allow the attack.

They also spoke with a couple of townspeople. One gentleman said prior to 9/11 he had seen them training in fatigues but said they had been relatively quiet since. A local sheriff said they basically keep to themselves and aren’t a bother.

The people that Fox 5 interviewed in the compound are followers of Sheikh Syed Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani, the charismatic fundamentalist Pakistani Islamic leader, and founder of Jamaat ul-Fuqra. CP’s latest report on the group is here. It’s the same organization that has several compounds here in Virginia, as I reported last October.

The Islamberg people may be just regular folks like you and me, members of our great national rainbow coalition, misunderstood and misrepresented by the media, with their unfortunate anti-semitic comments taken totally out of context. But I wouldn’t bet on it. To recap the sheikh’s background, I remind you of the 2002 article in The Weekly Standard:

Fuqra’s founder and chief, the man [Daniel] Pearl sought to interview, is a rotund Kashmiri of Sufi background with long-standing ties to Pakistan’s Interservice Intelligence Agency (ISI), Sheikh Mubarik Ali Hasmi Shah Gilani. At least until President Musharraf’s decision last fall to support the American war on terrorism, the ISI sponsored terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Pakistani-controlled Kashmir. Sheikh Gilani has rubbed shoulders at international terrorist confabs with gunslingers from Hamas and Hezbollah, their mullah backers, and Osama bin Laden. And he has trained fighters for the battlefields of Kashmir, Chechnya, and Bosnia.

Gilani launched his U.S. operations in 1980. Within ten years, Fuqra’s communes were billing themselves as havens where Muslim converts — many of them inner-city blacks, sometimes recruited in prison — could build new lives. At least seven such communities are active today, in Hancock, N.Y.; Red House, Va.; Tulare County, Calif.; Commerce, Ga.; York, S.C.; Dover, Tenn.; and Combermere, Canada. While some of these enclaves contain only rudimentary buildings and trailers, the California compound has 300 residents on a 440-acre spread, according to a recent report by a local ABC station. Residents deny any involvement with terror, but Fuqra has a history of getting into trouble with the law.

Over the years, at least a dozen Fuqra members have been convicted of crimes including conspiracy to commit murder, firebombing, gun smuggling, and workers’ compensation fraud in the United States or Canada. And Fuqra members are suspects in at least 10 unsolved assassinations and 17 firebombings between 1979 and 1990. Nor is Fuqra’s criminal activity all in the past. In the last year alone, a resident of the California compound was charged with first degree murder in the shooting of a sheriff’s deputy; another was charged with gun smuggling; the state of California launched an investigation into the fate of more than a million dollars in public funds given to a charter school run by Fuqra leaders; and two residents of the Red House community were convicted of firearms violations, while a third awaits trial.

I hope that local TV reporter knew what he was getting into when he walked into Islamberg. A reading of his tea leaves might show the Federal Witness Protection Program in his future.

Update: CP has a post up about this. He’s got a lot more detail than I do, because the reporter actually talked to him.

…they were approached and spoke to a couple of the compound’s residents. Asking to see “the boss,” they were told he was in the city and wouldn’t be back until later, but then he showed up rather mysteriously. “The boss” was Hussain Abdallah, reportedly one of the early organizers of Fuqra in the United States and the guy that runs “786 Security” in Brooklyn. Abdallah said that his business had been raided by the IRS in Dec. 03 and the case was in process. The reporter said that a legal search of judgements or liens might turn something up. He owes something like $300K to the Feds and $40-50K to the state in taxes.

Go over and read the whole thing.

posted by Baron Bodissey | 8:17:00 AM | 4 comments | Trackback
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for later
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
They also have an "affiliate" camp/compound in York, SC.  That's not too far from where I'm at.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]

They have the right to train so they can fight back against pencil weilding cartoonists. Why must so many be so intolerant?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
This needs to be taken care of.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If they were white with the same wacky twist to the Christian religion they would have been burned out by now.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]
www.enigmapodcast.com/?q=blog/10I listened to Hagman's show Monday nite on this compound. I think he said it has been raided by the feds ounce. Here is a link to the broadcast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top