Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:29:49 PM EDT
any tile installers here?

Redoing my bathroom and looking for suggestions on a stall shower.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a pro, but have done both of mine.

What I think is helpful is to chalkline in a grid that is level with the tub top and perpendicular to it.  This will help keep you square.  While you are tiling measure, measure, and measure again....be sure you are square.

Also, next time I do a tub/shower, I will do the bottom row first all around the tub, let that setup overnight, then finish the rest of it.  This, I think will give a nice base to build the rest of the tiles off of.  Otherwise they have a tendency to shift.

Lastly, buy or rent a GOOD tile saw.  Don't go cheap.  Get a good blade and don't force the cuts, let the saw do the work.

Oh yeah, 18 inch travertines are fucking heavy and hard to do yourself!!

Oh yeah two.  I found that spreading a very thin layer of thin set on the tile as well as the usual on the wall helps the tile stick better.

These are the things I found doing mine.  The pros may have some professional advice though.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Yoss....

anybody else?

I'm specifically interested in the Schulter Kerdi system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top